chapter 37

The reality of manners is that it results from beautiful character. Thus, manners are the manifestations of the integrity and strength in one's inward personality into action." Ibn Rajab

Khalid Mirza p.o.v

" Dammit " I slammed my hand on the table , a few papers flew away .

" Again , I couldn't catch their boss " I muttered angrily .

" Hide all you want , one day I will kill you with my bare hand " I swore gritting my teeth .

" Do you think doing all this lessens your sin " I turn at the voice who is none other than my own mother.

" Ammi ?" I whispered .

" Do you think Sayra and your father will come back ?" Her eyes filled with tears still I can see the hatred .

I kept silent , she stood in front of me '' how long you are going to danger all our life Khalid " her voice shivering in anger .

I look down in shame " how long Khalid , HOW LONG "

" I am doing what I promised Api ( sister ) " I whispered gulping down the pain rising from my chest .

Slap !

" She wouldn't have to make promises if you listen to me once " my eyes snapped at her .

" Please forgive me " I begged her .

" I will " her words brought hope in my eyes .

" But ..."

" But ?"

" bring me my husband back " I felt like she slapped me word for word .

" Bring me back my daughter "

" My family "

" My son, " she whispered .

I know as much as it's hurting me , it's hurting her too .

" Doing all this thing won't make you hero Khalid "

'' If you really want my forgiveness, leave this break your promise. '' With that she walked away .

Khalid mother p.o.v

I close the door wiping tears " I am sorry son but I cannot lose you now "

" I am scared that if you won't stop , it might cost your life " my heart shivers at the thought of losing him.

Khalid Mirza p.o.v

I heard a knock " come in " I rub my face .

The door opens revealing Amira wearing an oversized hoodie , she is literally drowning in it , her hair pulled in a messy bun but what caught my attention was her eyes , they were red. It looked like she was crying .

Did someone make her cry ??

I clench my fist , my blood boil thinking about someone hurting her .

But you hurt her the most, my subconscious mock.

Blinking she pressed her lips staring innocently Damn why the hell this girl take all my sense in second , why do I feel so protective toward her , and at the same time I want to do wild things to her under my bo-

Khalid snapped out !

" What happened ? Why are you crying" I walk to her since she is not coming closer .

" Did - " before I could finish , her tiny hands wrapped around my body softly disturbing my breathing system .

I froze. There is something happening in my heart , something I never experienced or felt. It's scaring the shit out of me. I look down slowly , her head resting on my chest while her eyes are closed like I am the only person she trusts in this world .