Its my Last Christmas

- THIS IS GONNA BE REALLY SAD-
you have been warned ;)
It's not a breakup but this song - begin again- is gonna be the basis.

Took a deep breath in the mirror
He didn't like it when I wore high heels
But I do

Turn the lock and put my headphones on
He always said he didn't get this song
But I do, I do

Scarletts pov-
I look over and see my beautiful girlfriend sleeping peacefully. She was an angel. I brush my fingers through her hair.

Scarlett- " good morning my angel"

She lets out a little groan.

You- " it's so early scar. And a Saturday"
Scarlett- " I'm sorry beautiful. But it's snowing"
I knew y/n loved snow.
You- " wait really"

She shot up out of bed chucked trainers and a coat on and ran outside and jumped into the he snow. I ran after her and watched her like a little kid.

Walked in expecting you'd be late
But you got here early and you stand and wave
I walk to you

You pull my chair out and help me in
And you don't know how nice that is
But I do

She's giggling as she aims snow balls at my head.
You- " gotcha"
She is hysterically laughing. I aim one at her face and it misses. She throws her head back laughing. She's such a child.

And you throw your head back laughing
Like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny, 'cause
He never did

Your pov-
Scarlett never understands why I love the little things so much. I'll never tell her. We've been together for 8 months now and she's the most beautiful woman on the planet. I met her in a coffee shop after I spilt my hot chocolate down myself. It was a Wednesday I think. It's all a blur now.

Christmas was 14 days away. I had no family and she wanted to spend Christmas with just me this year. I'd gotten her a beautiful necklace and written her a note that she wasn't to open until Christmas. No sooner no later

I've been spending the last eight months
Thinking all love ever does
Is break and burn, and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe
I watched it begin again

Scarletts pov-
Y/n loved music so much. She was a good singer and guitarist. Acoustic of course. She had a few gigs in bars and she was happy. As long as she was happy so was I.

Scarlett- " so breakfast?"
You- " let's go out for breakfast McDonald's drive through"
Scarlett- " sounds good to me. Let's go I'm starving"

Me and y/n sat in the car park of McDonald's devouring our breakfast. I was so in love with her. She was the breath of fresh air I needed. Everyone in the celebrity world was so fake. She was real. People didn't know y/n. I liked it. She was just mine.

You said you never met one girl who had
As many James Taylor records as you
But I do

We tell stories and you don't know why
I'm coming off a little shy
But I do

She was so shy. She blushed everytime I gave her a compliment. She couldn't ever take one. Despite her being literally perfect.

But you throw your head back laughing
Like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny, 'cause
He never did

I've been spending the last eight months
Thinking all love ever does
Is break and burn, and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe
I watched it begin again

Time skip ( tw sadness is approaching)
Scarletts pov-
I watched my girlfriend lying in a hospital bed. Barely alive. It was too good to be true. She never told me she was ill. She had stage 4 ovarian cancer and had decided to not treat it and live a short but happy life.
Scarlett- " please baby. It's Christmas please don't leave me."
You- " I'm not gone yet"
She croaked as she spoke to me.
You- " go into my bag."

I go into her bag and take out the present.
You- " don't open the card yet. Wait until later ok..... promise"

Tears swelling in my eyes. The necklace had her initial on. It was so beautiful. I put it on and she gives me a smile. God I was going to miss that smile.
Scarlett- " what am I going to do without you"
You- " your going to be ok. I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

5 hours later. She was dead in my arms. I screamed out in tears. " no. No. Bring her back. She's not gone there must be something you can do please. No"

A nurse rubbing my back as I sobbed and sobbed. She was truly gone. I remembered the letter.

My dearest Scarlett,
I'm sorry I never told you. It was selfish I know. I wanted one epic romantic love story. There was no cure for this. But promise me this. Don't shut off from love. Have an epic love bigger than ours ever was. Mourn me for a bit yanno but not forever. I want you to remember the happy times. I love you so much and I'm sorry I did this to you. I didn't want you to read the note infront of you because I couldn't face the goodbye. I couldn't admit it would be my last. I've written songs about you and there are birthday cards for the next 40 years in my bedside cabinet. A cd is wrapped in there as well. Along with video diaries to help you through occasions when it gets rough. I didn't want you to be alone. Although this was my last Christmas. It was by far the best one yet. And that's because you were in it. I love you Scarlett Ingrid Johansson, always have and always will.

I love you 3000
Y/n y/m/n y/l/n

Xx
You will be ok my love

5 years later-
Scarlett- "and that was y/n. I've tried the dating thing, it hasn't worked. I come with extra complications"

And we walked down the block, to my car
And I almost brought him up
But you start to talk about the movies
That your family watches every single Christmas
And I want to talk about that
And for the first time
What's past is past

'Cause you throw your head back laughing
Like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny, 'cause
He never did

I've been spending the last eight months
Thinking all love ever does
Is break and burn, and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe
I watched it begin again

Chris- " y/n was an amazing girl. I know she was your soulmate. But you can't be alone forever she didn't want that Scar."

He grabs my hands.
Chris-" your my best friend, I want you to be happy. Go talk to that girl. She's pretty looks friendly and sweet"

I walk over
Scarlett- " hi I'm Scarlett can I get you a coffee?"
(Girl)- " I'm Maya, that would be lovely thank you"

But on a Wednesday in a cafe
I watched it begin again

A/n- brb crying lol my bad