➳48

She's imperfect but she tries~

Mark finished his third class of the day and came to take out his book from the locker

Mark finished his third class of the day and came to take out his book from the locker. As he was fiddling with the stuffs inside to find his book, he noticed an envelope. Being confused, he furrowed his brows and took out the small envelope. He flipped it and sighed, "Again a love letter I guess." He was about to put it back inside the locker instead of throwing. He may act tough and not give any attention to any girl. But if a girl gave him something, he would not accept it because the feelings were not mutual. But if someone gave him a letter or a gift like this, he would not throw it but keep it safely with him. He has a box where all love letters and small cute gifts that were given to him indirectly were kept. Sometimes, he would open it and laugh a little thinking how stupid were those girls for falling for him. He knew it was hard for him to fall in love and then Kiara came into his life and changed everything.

But before putting the letter inside, he noticed something written on the envelope- 'Your bestfriend'. He quickly took out the piece of letter and unfolded it and began reading every word written on it.

Dear Mark,

I know you like to talk to me in person regarding everything, but I'm sorry this time. After being so strong for all these years, I really feel like life would have been easier if I was weaker. Atleast, I would have been able to spill my heart out much before and much easily, but honestly being this strong all this time now sucks. I have never been able to express to you how I really feel about you, how I want you in my life, how badly I want to be weak around you and show everyone that you are the reason of my strength. But life had another plans for us. I know, I mean a lot to you, but you had actually become my world, and loosing this world will be like not pulling out my parachute when I actually need it. So I have finally gathered all my courage and strength for one last time to confess to you about myself. Maybe after this confession things will change, not necessarily in my favor but I'm finally confident to face the reality. I don't know while telling you my secrets when you finally became my biggest secret. Your smile, your voice, your touch, I crave for them every moment. I know I'm not perfect for you, but my heart can do anything and everything to be with yours all life long. Yes Mark, I do like you, not just that, I am so much in love with you Mark. Believe me, I did try not to fall for you this hard, because I know relationships among best friends is something very fragile and can affect friendship but that's the thing you are my best friend so it's just that easy for me to love you. And now I don't know how to find a way to move on from this. So I confessed to you. I am a positive girl but this time i actually confessed because maybe I know your answer and your rejection will help me to get over you. Hey, don't be this sad for me, I won't end up single dude, afterall someone is actually waiting for me somewhere if it's not you. One last thing, if you don't like me the way I do, please tell me truth and don't force yourself to be with me because it's YUMI. Remember, Yumi can face rejection too, afterall she's been with you all through your hard times. But somehow Yumi's heart needed love too, maybe it became needy and selfish, sorry for feeling this way. Yes, I definitely will be waiting for your answer. I can get moody after that and but yes Yumi will definitely return being stronger. Afterall I have to look after this best friend before he finds his lady. Thanks, Mark for everything and reading this letter patiently till here. Just to let you know once more, I love you♡.