24

Rosaline

After I shut the door I saw Elliot in front of me. I nearly walked into him. "Geez.. How long have your knights been here?"

"Since the beginning."

"Really? I couldn't even sense them."

"Of course you couldn't, they're very skilled."

'Right.. The book mentioned Elliot's knights being some of the best in the kingdom..'

"Wait have you used your knights to spy on me?" I asked in shock.

"That's not very important let's get back to the main subject."

"Of course you'd say that." I scoffed.

"So.. What's gonna happen to the other slaves?"

"I had my knights take care of the ones that were just bought, we'll soon investigate the sailsman here and see if he'll tell us about any other auctions going on."

I took a deep dreath finally feeling more at peace.

"I don't know what we're gonna do with the rest of the kids though."

"That's alright! Lady Serpretus owns a orphanage doesn't she? We've talked a bit about it in letters I'm sure she'd love to help out these children!" I said with a big smile, not being able to contain my excitment. "That's right, since this is an urgent matter I'll have one of my knights go to her estate now and inform her."

I looked down to see Alono looked down at the floor in discomfort. I noticed that I was still holding his arm and let go. I bent down to face him and smiled softly. "Sorry, you must've felt uncomfortable having me grab you like that."

He didn't reply and only peeked up slowly.

"You can tell me if you don't feel well don't worry. I know that you can't trust me and that several people have hurt you but even so I swear that I won't do the same."

I reached for his neck and took of the device. He looked up at me in shock and I only smiled at him. "I can't leave you alone now though I have to treat your wounds. You're hurt right?" Alono nodded slowly. I got up and gestured for him to follow me.

"So this is the Alono you've been so worried about." Elliot said as he glanced back at him.

"Yup, got anything you want to say?" I said with slight attitude.

"Excuse me ma'am.. Who's Alono..?"

I turned around to look at him, completely confused.

"I remember clearly that-" I shut myself up remembering that Elliot was right next to me and that I didn't want to say anything stupid.

'He must not have been named yet.. Alono got passed around a lot so by the time he got shown in the story one of his previous owners must have already named him..'

It grew silent as I couldn't answer.

'Alono.'

'That name was tied to his tragic end.'

'Could a new name symbolize his new beginning?'

'Would it be alright for someone like me to do something this important?'

"I'm sorry I must have mixed you up with someone else." I said with a chuckle. Alono only looked back at the ground, I could see that he was feeling down.

"Do you have a name?"

".. No."

"Then would it be alright if I named you?"

His face shot up looking straight at me, I could see the excitment in his eyes.

"Y- Yes! P.. please." It was clear he was feeling shy.

"Then how about Itri?" I asked with a smile.

He didn't say anything back and only nodded but I could see how his golden eyes sparkled.

This would be the beginning for your new life..

Itri.

A name that means 'star'.