9

Rory's POV -
The day went both incredibly slowly and incredibly quickly. Being with Edward was nice. I don't know why, but when I'm around him, I feel safe. I spend much more time sneaking glances at him than I realised. I guess, I was generally to distracted to notice his sharp jawline and the way the light struck his hair. I also never noticed how easily conversation is with him. Of course I'd had conversations that were just between us before, but not enough consecutive ones for it to be appearant. He is oblivious to some slang though. It's quite funny seeing his confusion. He's mentally an old man. What separates him from the Gen X is his mild ability to use technology.

We go to The Carver after school. Like we often do. But Charlie likes it and I like him. Plus, it's better than whatever semi-edible shit he will serve. And Bella can't "accidentally" poison my meal if she didn't cook it. Edward dropped me off even though I could've easily walked by myself. But Bella's face when Cullen walked in was just about the highlight of my day. And he ignored her. It earned me a hit from my sister, but that was worth it. It wasn't a light, sisterly hit. It was a proper angry hit. But it didn't hurt. Too bad. And food makes anything better, particularly the cheese burger with fries. And ice cream. And coke. Proper sugary coke, not diet coke. But I work out enough. By work out, I mean have fun on machines in the gym once a week or a fortnight. And doing one or two pressups every once in a while. But I run. Sometimes. But I eat healthy, so sometimes it's okay to have the 12 teaspoons of sugar coke. Particularly when your shitty sister hits you because I'm friends with her crush. And he doesn't like her. So sippity sippity sugary sugar.