2- Inroduce us please!

Cassy barked out a laugh, and at the stunned and shocked expressions on the men's faces, she swallowed the hysteria that was slowly building inside her.

'Keep your head girl.' she muttered to herself, then spoke marginally louder. "Sorry! I can't help it."

Her dad looked at her with sympathy in his eyes, while the other green eyes were accusing. Honestly, it wasn't her fault, it was his actually, but before she could voice her opinion her father spoke.

"Please, take a seat." He walked around his desk and opened a window before sitting.

She plopped herself down in the closest chair and looked up at a screeching noise. Her mate - she did not even know his bloody name - was dragging the heavy wooden chair across the floor, completely oblivious of the racket he was causing. He stopped at the window and nearly pushed it out of its frame in his rush to open it up. A look of pure relief crossed his face as he took a deep breath, his head hanging out of the damn window like a dog. When he sat down, he flashed a brilliant smile at the whole room, and Cassy felt her heart stop at the way that smile changed his face. She saw the way it lit up his face, and she knew, that despite the permanent scowl he had, he laughed a lot, and she wanted to be the one he laughed with.

Timothy cleared his throat before speaking. "Do you accept the mating?" Although the question was directed at the both of them, he was looking at the man by the window.

"Hell dad!" Cassy exclaimed. "Could you perhaps introduce us first you think?"

He rolled his eyes at her outburst, but refrained from making a comment about it. Instead he waved his hand towards her. "This is my daughter Cassandra, and Cassy, this is Alexander Grey, from the Yellow Stone Pack."

Alex saw her start a nod at him when a thoughtful expression clouded her face, to be followed with a look of stunned amazement. "Grey's son?"

"Yes. Grey's son." Timothy confirmed.

She nodded her head and Alex could feel the assessment in her stare, and unconsciously straightened his shoulders.

"Wait!" She cried out, her hands flaying in the air in front of her. "Yellow Stone? But that is on the other side of the bloody world!"

Alex merely raised an eyebrow at her. He did not come here looking for a mate. Hell, he never wanted to have a mate. Women could not be trusted to do anything but breed. His mother proved that before she died.

"It is not that far Cassy. And I need to know now if you both accept the mating."

Green eyes met blue-grey eyes across the room. For a long heartbeat they just stared, both measuring each other, trying desperately in their minds to weigh the alternatives. Better with, or without their mate.

Alex knew, that although the question was raised against the two of them, ultimately it was his decision, and he knew, he knew that he would never find another female that would give him strong pups like she would. He just didn't know if she was going to be so compliant.