10. COME HERE, BOY

Before Jimin awakens fully to become totally aware of his surroundings, he feels a heavy weight around his hip which makes him more conscious. The very first thing he tries to do is turn around but fails completely as he runs into a solid chest. Instead, he peers over his shoulder and finds Jeongguk's face extremely close to his own, so close that their noses brush.

He's so used to seeing the stoic side of Jeongguk that the small site of messed up hair on his head doesn't even seem real, or the way his mouth parts slightly to let out the faintest sounding of snores. Jimin is so distracted with his own open portrayal of admiration that he doesn't realize how focused he really is until he feels more pressure against his waist as Jeongguk shifts.

Jimin moves the man's arm off of his body carefully and slips off of the couch, slow so he won't be caught. He heads into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. The very first thing that he notices in his reflection when he leans against the sink counter to inspect himself are several hickies sucked into his skin. Around his neck and collarbone and even chest. They probably wouldn't seem so bad but they're contrasting drastically with the oversized white dress shirt (that doesn't even belong to him) hanging over his shoulders.

Not only this but when his eyes rake the rest of his reflection, they lower toward his bottom half. He lifts the hem of the top to expose his boxers and of course, there are also marks along his thighs. He does not do hickies. He should've told Jeongguk before he got carried away. Would it make sense if he hardly remembered what happened last night despite the absence of alcohol? It doesn't seem possible but even so, here he is with a faltering memory.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Jimin drags both of his hands down his face and rubs at his eyes. He doesn't know how late they were up last night messing around on the couch but it was late enough to make him tired. He's reminded of his time in high school which, to be fair, wasn't that long ago. But it still feels like an eternity.

When Jimin musters the courage to open the door, he expects to find Jeongguk on the couch, still passed out but instead, he's on the phone with somebody. He's pacing the floor shirtless with a pair of grey sweats and a hand on his hip but he keeps moving it to stroke the bottom of his face, most likely in frustration. He gets a little bit closer so that he can hear the conversation.

"You think I don't know that already, Noona? I don't need you hovering over me and monitoring me every second of the day. I'm not going to sit here and let you slander me just because you're my older sister. I've had this position at the company for five years now. You think I would need any kind of advice from you?"

Jimin hugs the wall a little bit closer to lower his chances of being seen. His sister must have been the one who stopped by last time he was at Jeongguk's place. What he's hearing right now definitely gives him the impression, at least.

"If dad has any issues with the way I'm managing my own headquarters, he can come and bitch at me himself. I don't need you to do it for him." And just like that, the call ends. Jeongguk tosses the phone onto the couch, covering his face with his hands.

Quietly, Jimin sneaks into the bathroom once again but he leaves the door open. Despite taking everything in already, he ogles his reflection, staring deeply into his own eyes, unsure of who or what is staring back at him. He hasn't felt this way in a very long time. He begins to realize that he's unsure and that very feeling scares him.

Suddenly there's a knock to his right and Jimin looks over his shoulder to find Jeongguk leaning against the doorframe.

"I was convinced you had left," he says, folding his arms.

"Would you prefer I left?" Jimin isn't sure why he asks such a question but fails to stop himself, only realizing what he's said the few seconds after it leaves his tongue.