7: Legality, am I right?

After the Troublesome Twins (I'll have to think of better names later) got arrested, I found myself handcuffed to a table with a detective standing across from me,

"Well, I personally think a mutant freak like you should be detained somewhere far from any normal person, but we can't all have what we want, and somebody is here for you." The detective said after talking to me about what happened, and proceeding to walk out the door.

After he walked out, in came Mr. Osborn, with a mildly impressed look on his face.

"Y/n, my boy, you seem to have made something far greater than just a limb regrowth serum." He said, setting down an IPad showing the bank camera's perspective of me throwing that desk at......I think I'll call him Chilblains, like the disease.

"Look Y/n, I can bail you outta here easy peasy, especially with all the superheroes and whatnot running about, but we're gonna have to keep this between you and me." He said.

"Yes sir. What do you want me to do about my serum?" I asked him.

"Let's just work on a way to make it, without the super powers okay? I'm glad you were the human subject, most would use a power like that for horrible things. We don't need a bunch of lizard people running around, wreaking havoc after one pops up." He explained.

I nodded, and he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Leave this all to me. You won't even have to hear another word about this. Hell, I want you to take the day off tomorrow. You're going through more than anyone can understand right now and you deserve it. Get some good rest L/n." He told me.

"Yes sir. See you later." I said.

He smiled and I waited until I was told I could leave, and did so, coming home to my mom panicking and worrying about me. She made me go up to my room and lay down, before bringing me some food.

"Mom, I think this is a bit much." I said.

"A bit much? A BIT MUCH!? WHAT'S A BIT MUCH IS YOU TURNING INTO A GIANT LIZARD MONSTER AND FIGHTING NOT JUST ONE MUTANT, BUT TWO AT ONCE!" She shouted.

".....You're right, sorry." I said.

"You should be. I was worried sick. You're not leaving this house until you have to go back to work, and if you do, so help me god you're gonna regret it." She said, before stomping out.

I took a bite of the food, before seeing an opportunity to experiment. I changed my lower jaw, unhinged it, and dumped the plate's contents into my mouth before eating it all. So I can freely shift any single part of my body at any time. After the first transformation it also becomes exponentially easier, and doing it more times lessens the difficulty as well.

I snuck out of my room and crept through my house, changing my feet to make my steps quieter. I peeked into my mom's room and saw her passed out on her bed. The stress of learning all of that definitely took a toll. I went back into my room and decided I want to go out and practice with my ability. Sorry mom.