McMarried [pt.4] • n.r

[Third Person...]

You were rushing towards a meeting you were a bit late too when Natasha quickly stopped you as she was trying to take the elevator up.

"Your skipping training?" She asked sadly

"I have a meeting." You say without emotion as you sighed continuing to walk, but Nat quickly grabbed your wrist to stop you.

"Y/n" she says concerned

"You've got a wife." You say stopping and looking her in the eye.

"Yes." She simply says

"Your life is complicated."

"Yes."

"I don't need complicated. I have complicated all on my own." You finish, Natasha gives a slight smile.

"Yes."

"Stop saying 'yes'." You say

"Try not to make any sudden movements." She jokes, smiling. You tilt your head narrowing your eyes at her. Scrunching your eyebrows.

"You think this is funny." You say

"Maria is leaving, Fury is sending her back out into the field, on another mission. She has no choice but to go." She tries to convince you.

"No reason?" You ask raising your eyebrow

"None, whatsoever." She says back as she goes in putting her hand on your cheek. You melt into it, missing her touch. She tries to go in for a kiss but you were quickly interrupted.

"Well, isn't this cozy?" A familiar voice says, all too familiar. It was Maria.

"Can i join in, or are you not into threesomes?" She asked sarcastically towards Natasha, you rolled your eyes as you heard her press the elevator button. You felt her close behind you.

"I have to go." You say beginning to walk back to the direction you were heading in the first place.

"Y/n..." Natasha says trying to get you to stop, but this time you were determined to get out of that situation.

Natasha turns her attention back to Maria, glaring at her before speaking to her.

"You really are Medusa." She says, Maria only smirks as she rolled her eyes.

"You realize that, right? If Medusa were to take physical form it'd be you. Everywhere, all the time." Natasha says turning toward the elevator doors.

"I am so not Medusa."

"Why haven't you gotten on your broomstick and go back to Florida where you belong?" Natasha asked pressing the elevator button again.

"Stop being petty." Maria says now a bit annoyed at Natasha's childishness.

"Stop being an adulterous bitch." Natasha spits back. The elevator dings and Maria walks toward it, but doesn't get in just yet.

"You know you are going to forgive me eventually, right?" She asked her wife, Natasha

"I mean, you can't just— I mean, there was a time where you thought of me as your best friend." Maria tries to reason with the women who she loved.

"There was a time where I thought you were the love of my life. Things change." Natasha says staring coldly at Hill, hoping she would now get the hint to back off. Although Natasha did feel the pain of her words, she felt a certain feeling inside of her ignite in a tiny flame, even if that feeling wasn't anger, nor was it love.