111. Gut feeling

JUNGKOOK's POV

It's my grandma's funeral today. The gods have set up a beautiful day to welcome her presence. There were baby blue skies, a bright golden sun, and several white birds occasionally flying among the heavens.

"Aleumdaun." (Beautiful) I smiled. She deserves this perfect farewell. Come to think of it, there aren't really goodbyes in this world, only see you again's, that at least, is what I want to believe in.

I glanced at the flower in my hand, twisting its stem in between my fingers as I waited for the ceremony to begin. I took a stroll around the meadows overlooking the spot where my family and the rest of the guests were huddled.

"Everyone came all dressed up for you, Halmeoni. It's been ages since I've seen almost half of the crowd here. We've all been busy getting through the day, but you made us all take a pause, and brought us back together." I breathe in the scent of freshly cut grass and the fragrance of assorted flowers nearby.

"I wore your favorite today, the suit I sported when we won our very first Daesang. I recall you jumping up and down your feet during our video call that night. We both screamed at the top of our lungs. Everything felt so surreal." Her soft features flashed before me. "Not long after, we were crying. I've never seen you cry so much in my life." I quickly wipe the tears brimming in my eyes. Conversations with her are precious treasures that I'll forever hold dear.

"We talked until two in the morning just reliving how fast things happened. Ahh... You didn't get a chance to go to even just one of our overseas concerts. The international fans are on a whole different level. The videos couldn't justify the vibe. It's a shame." I heavily exhaled, feeling nostalgic and a bit disappointed too.

"But I guess you'll be watching our shows from your very own front-row seat from now on. You'll get access to all our angles like no one else can." The strong breeze of the wind blew off a couple of petals from the white rose I was holding.

"Jeongmal saranghae, Halmeoni." I brought the flower to my nose and inhaled its sweet fragrance as I watched the wind drift the petals away.

Among all the flowers I've come to know of, roses hold a special place in my heart. These being my grandmother's favorite and having met a person of the same name, to whom my heart is beating for. It's like living the life of a character from a romantic story. Specifically, the part where the lead is still oblivious that things have been carefully woven at the back end and finally dawns upon him one day, that every word, every moment, was all written. It was all meant to be... It's just a matter of time.

"It's you." The scene from last night suddenly came to mind.

"Aish." I got myself pricked by one of its thorns. Blood started trickling from my fingers. As I quickly put some pressure to stop the bleeding, the rest of our conversation seemed to have plugged and played.

RECALL

"It's you."

She was silenced by the words I just blurted out.

"Quit fooling around!" She pinched me on the arm again, thinking I was messing with her. But I wasn't.

"It's you ... and ... that boyfriend of yours." I kept a straight face, so she'd know I was telling the truth.

She smirked at me, still disbelieving. "Yeah, right." She rolled her eyes at me. "Come on now, stop kidding. I really wanna know." She begged like a cute, little girl.

I am enjoying the interest she's showing me, but I think I'll like what I'll do next so much better.

With her still within reach, I cupped her face with my hands and pressed my nose gently against hers. "I said what I said. So, if you don't want me to shut you up my way, believe me."