Chapter 7 - A Favor With No Consequences

Please vote and comment your thoughts as it motivates me to write more!

I went home afterwards after that unpleasant encounter with Chabashira-Sensei,

I could understand her attitude in some ways but this had nothing to do with her, or did it? She knew of the battle between my father and I, because I told her about it but now, I've judged that leaving it to her and Mashima-sensei won't do any good. Now that the acting director is out, their roles are over and now it's my turn to single handedly decide my fate. It was just around 6:00 PM now and I had been on my laptop just browsing the internet, reading interesting articles I found and what not.

*bzzzz"

I look over to the top of my desk to see my phone with a call incoming from none other than Sakayanagi. Tomorrow, I'd be attending the school and would show up in classroom 2-A for my first day as a member of that class. Could it be something about that? I picked up the phone.

"What's up Sakayanagi-san?"

"Nothing much I suppose, Ayanokoji-kun. I heard you told your class about you leaving today?"

"Yea, I did. They weren't pleased but that's to be expected. I'll be seeing you tomorrow then."

"Fufu, Indeed you will be, and not just tomorrow but for the remaining time in our high school lives, we'll be working together to reach your goal."

"Why're you so willing to help me out anyways? What's in it for you?" I asked her.

"Let's just say I just wanted to help out a fellow childhood friend, is there anything wrong with that? Hmmm?"

"Nope, that's fine. Anyways, does your class even know about me joining? It'd be pretty awkward if I kind of just showed up tomorrow without their knowledge."

"Well, does it matter if they know beforehand or not? As long as they see I've accepted you, they have no reason to oppose me. And just so you know, all I've told them to be ready for tomorrow, we have a new person joining and that they should be looking forward to it."

"Wow how grand, I'm sure they won't be expecting me."

"Our class isn't like the others. I'm sure you know that. They know you're not some incompetent fool or anything fufu, even though I haven't told them anything about your true abilities.

"Well, they're going to find out for themselves pretty soon so I hope they're ready."

"I suppose even I'm not sure if I'm ready or not, I know your trained prowess from the white room exceeds mine Ayanokoji-kun but I just want to know by how much."

"Aren't we on the same team here..."

"Fufufu I know I know, it's just my curiosity, I can't help but know. So please don't disappoint me."

"You have to play your part too you know." I told her

"That's already a given. By the way, as for the reason I called you. I wanted to sketch a rough outline for our plans for our upcoming exams and events before hand. If possible, do you mind coming over to my place right now? I'd like to discuss important matters such as this one in person."

"Uh, it's getting a bit late, do you think that's the best idea right now?"

I'm a man with a girlfriend right now in Kei Karuizawa so I do understand how bad it'd look for me but the thing is, we "broke" up so that aspect can be written off now. But the fact remains, a boy in the same room as a girl at a time like this can be perceived incorrectly. I've been in Horkitas room many times but those were just business related. I guess I'll treat this one the same way then but I know there are different levels to Horikita and Sakayanagi. One, that Horkita is pretty dumb and thick skulled when it comes to things related to the other gender and two, they're obviously not the same people and have different intentions so I can't treat this exactly the same. I figured telling Kei wouldn't do any good since it'd only stress her out.