day 11 - Fancy Occasion

Marinette listened to her song called golden tears. And felt relief as she listened to the lyrics. But she now has bigger fish to fry. Hawkmoth had finally broke the last straw and hurt her for the last time. No more would she let him terrorize people and hurt them. No one deserved this and she was going to end it once and for all. She looked at her calendar and smiled. It was a bittersweet smile but she knew that maybe just maybe things could be patched up for good. They may never be close and she may never be able to see him as family. But, this needed to be resolved and maybe she can at least for him and for her. After all it had been eight years.

One week with Damian

Damian sighed looking at himself. He was wearing a suit for a gala to celebrate his brother Jason and Mia Smoak marriage surprisingly. He heard a rumor about Oliver Queen got a famous singer to attend and perform at the gala. But there were no confirmation, denying or rumor about who the possible singer could be.

When he got to the musical hall where the gala was being held. He heard the singer and froze. It was Marinette who had been cold to him since she ran away at nine years old. She was talking with Mia and Oliver at the drink table. She smiled, laugh and overall seemed like she was having a good time. He watches as a waiter whispered something to Marinette and she nodded then went to the stage. Grabbing microphone she addressed everyone. "Good evening everyone. And I think everyone agrees when I say congratulations to the happy newly weds. Now tonight I am here to sing a few songs and as Mr. Queen instructions can I please Mia Todd and Jason Todd onto the dance floor. Tonight they will be dancing the first dance of this gala tonight thank you.

Damian moved to the stage as Marinette sang the song people joining in. But most were smiling happily at Jason and Mia. Once the song was over Marinette stepped down so the orchestra could play for a few before she would sing again. Damian was a few feet away from the stairs. He wasn't very see able but he also wasn't trying to be seeable. He knew that if he was ever going to talk to Marinette she would need to be the one to approach him.

Marinette walked down the stage and to her twin very slowly and made sure to go unnoticed. When she reached him she could tell that he was anxious but it was well hidden. "Hello Damian." Was all Marinette said as she grabbed a flute of champagne off a try from a passing waiter. "We need to talk don't we?" Was all he needed to hear be began to speak.

"We do sis- Marinette. But only if you want to." Damian replied while feeling a pang in his heart when he said her name instead of sister.

"Well, why don't we go dance as we speak? A lot less ears listening in don't you think?" Marinette suggested as she put the unfinished champagne glass on a different waiter tray. Damian nodded that it was a good idea. Then the two went to the dance floor and began to dance. "Now, I don't know where we stand once this is over. But, for the past ten years there has been an emotional terrorist. I have tried all kinds of ways to defeat him. But nothing has worked. Meet me with our family on Wayne tower tonight if you want to help." Marinette whispers to Damian. Who nods meaning he'll do it.

"Now on different not how have you've been?" Marinette asked with a smile looking as if she is enjoying herself.

"I am doing fine. How are you I haven't heard much about you." Damian asked with a soft tone.

"I'm fine me and Luka just had our third anniversary and are parents to twin girls. Though we are trying for a boy now." Marinette told him watching his reaction. She had a ghost of a smile when she saw his reaction to her marriage and her being a mother.

After that night Damian and the Bat family helped Marinette with Hawkmoth. Gabriel got life time in prison and was given now parole. Adrien was given community service when it was discovered he was helping his father. Marinette and Damian had developed a mutual understanding but would only talk when they were at the same gala's unknowingly. Damian married Rachel and a baby boy and girl. While Marinette and Luka were over joyed when not even a year after Hawkmoth was defeated were blessed with a baby boy.

Who knew a gala which was a fancy occasion would help twins understand each other even though it was only a little bit. Damian watched Marinette from a distance although felt all the regret and guilt he had buried along time ago resurface. Marinette also watched from a distance. Though she just had one thought when she thought about Damian. Why did their family have to be so complicated?