𝙐𝙣𝙨𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙩𝙝 𝙎𝙞𝙥

He resurfaced with a determined attitude. "Owen Rayner" he simply replied looking away and narrowing down his hazel brown eyes. The absence of a reply made him shift around. The chair before him was now empty, the silence that greeted him was a feeling of anxiousness mixed with dismay. Sweat droplets began forming on his forehead out of frustration, he dreaded the result of his failure.

"Were you looking for me?" a soft voice spoke from behind.

"Stop playing games" he replied casually his eyes fixed on the street ahead.

"The game didn't start yet, you've got to press start" Ayanna responded swiftly, twirling her brown curly hair and coming round to face him.

"You might want to go through a tutorial or a restart or it might be game over for you" Owen's voice came out in a raspy harsh growl.

This exchange of words created quite an impact on her. She prided herself over the ability to take charge of the conversations with the aura she successfully exhibits. But today seemed a conversation that she had to embrace with disgrace.

An odd sensation began to develop on her mind as her old thoughts began to wither away by every passing second, not expecting this aspect of herself Ayanna grew restless. Her outer reality was dealing up with her inner reality and the outcome wasn't working really well on her.

To be exact she was terrified for the first time in her life.

She was compelled to run away from the café but debated on the stakes and decided to stay, she had found the hidden gun and grabbed it stealthily without notice but Owen had successfully outwitted the intimidating Ayanna.

"Hello" Owen's voice resonated in Ayanna's eardrums.

He snapped his fingers and Ayanna set her eyes upon him with cold hate clearly etched upon her face and her very prominent jawlines twitching as she formed a reply.

"Well I'm not sure what you meant, but if you'll excuse me I have more important things to attend and that needs to be dealt with quickly"

"Not so fast" Owen replied and tried to grab the gun and to his dismay, it wasn't there.

"Looking for this?" Ayanna questioned. Pointing the gun threateningly at Owen. She curled her lips into a smirk as a warning notice.

"Do you actually believe that you can escape from here with my team surrounding you?" He replied with a hollow laugh.

"Team? Which team" she asked looking frantically around in a bewildered tone.

Several groups of men and women began to break out from random directions dressed up in casual clothes, holding guns and other modernized electronic gadgets. In one flash all of them formed up a circle between Ayanna and Owen. It dawned on Ayanna that they must have been secret agents undercover among the public.

"You hurt me I hurt him and trust me it won't be nice"

"Sorry to interrupt up you madam but we possess legal reasons to treat you this way so it's your chance to back off and surrender"

Ayanna thought it over and she couldn't remove herself out of this situation, but with a few tricks, she could manage to get the situation under control. She threw the gun onto a table by the window with a powerful force.

"Sweet! I give up" she exclaimed as all officials began closing in on her radiating the aura of success, while Owen broke out of the circle and delivered a look of mock failure to Ayanna. He prized his ability to win as much as she did. But he was amazed to discover the fearless look in Ayanna's brown eyes.

"You people sure don't learn from your mistakes it takes more than a dress-up party to stop me" Ayanna fired up doing a quick front flip hopping onto the table and grabbing the gun.

"Next time bring a circus" she replied mocking them and firing the gun blasting the window into smithereens showering the people around her with glass shards. This distraction caused everyone to duck under the tables or to cower behind the booths.

She bought time and used it excellently to escape.

No sooner had she left a message popped up on Owen's phone.

'I'm everywhere, I control what I can control and I give up what I should give up but I never lose a game I play

A car screeched down the road as smoke billowed from its exhaust pipe and turned abruptly to the left narrowly avoiding a taxi.

"Quick! We need to move!" Everyone began filling out of the café and entered their own cars which began to speed along the path Ayanna took.

A slender figure moved out of the dark alleyway watching the scene. But stopped abruptly when Ayanna had come out of her hiding spot.

"Gotcha!" The mysterious figure exclaimed moving stealthily towards Ayanna.