Chapter 3: Elisia's outing

I go to my room and plot how I'm going to escape today. In the game, she just put her cloak on and left.

I enter my room and see Aug buzzing around cleaning and dusting a room that didn't need either. If I was going to leave I needed her out of my hair.

"Hey, Aug?" I ask softly.

"Yes, milady?" she asks still cleaning.

"You can have the day off," I say taking the jewellery off and putting it away.

"Are you sure, milady? I'm your only maid," she asks.

"I won't require you today, take the day off. I'm just going to rest today. I'm already stressed about this party and his grace leaving, so I'd like to relax today," I say.

"But what if something happens that you'll need me for?" she asks.

"Then I'll call in another maid. When is the last time you've had a day off?" I ask. She was silent for a long while.

"Exactly now, go take a rest. I can't have my best maid getting sick and not be able to help me," I say giving her a soft smile.

"I'm your only maid," she says laughing.

"So, you're the best," I say.

"If you insist, I'll still be around if you need me, Milady," she says leaving the room with a pep in her step.

As soon as I hear her walk away from the door. I go to my dresses and look for the plainest and cheapest one. I huff in defeat and see that they are all made of only the highest quality material.

I find only one dress that even seems to look normal. It's a black dress with long bell sleeves and it didn't have any unnecessary beading or stitch work. It was my best option. I pull my dress off and put this other one on. It looked really nice on Elisia's body it made her pink hair stick out. I remove anything else that looked expensive and slipped on a pair of black shoes. I put on the cloak and headed out.

All I had to do was get out of the place and I was free to get the shit beat out of me. I huff, this is going to hurt, a lot.

I peek outside my room and see it's empty. I have no idea how to get out of here, hopefully, the body's memory is better than what I know. I take a few turns and find myself outside the stables. Perfect. I honestly don't know how she gets to town or to the market all I know is that is where I need to go to meet Dimitri and get started on the path to knighthood.

I walk towards the exit of the Reygnheart property, I have no idea where I'm going because Elisia had no idea where she was going either when this happened. All I knew was that she was on market street and then got lost. So, first thing first I need to find Market Street.

I huff as I look around. I'm lost and I don't even think I'm supposed to be lost here. I push hairs that have fallen in my face away in anger. I stumbled around looking for anything that could lead me to where I'm supposed to go.

I found a couple of signs and eventually found my way to market street. Once I found my way there I wandered the streets and eventually found myself in an ally.

I felt my skin turn cold as I saw the four men who attacked Elisia in the game. The leader was already grinning at me. I swallowed the panic that coursed through my veins. I knew exactly what needed to happen. The worst part is I had to let them. This is the only time I'm going to follow the actual story. I've already died once, what's another time?

They circle me with malice laced in their eyes, they licked their lips like feral dogs. I look up at them my back straight hoods up.

"What we got here?" he asks. I keep my eyes set on him though I'm horridly afraid.