Chapter 23 {Time to say it}

We all must face the choice between what is right and what is easy...

Catalaiya's pov:

Both Alicia and I stood by the window, looking down nervously. Adam and Aziel kept looking around alarmed. Alicia sat on the edge and held on the side, hesitating to jump.

Adam walked forward, "Come on, you can do it."

"I- I don't-"

"Look at me," he says, "Now jump, I'll catch you."

I heard her sigh before she pushed herself off the edge. I looked down and Adam had caught her in his arm. She was holding on to his shoulder, as he had his arm wrapped around her hips. He lowered her onto the ground.

Now my turn.

I sat on the edge, swinging my leg on the edge. Aziel walked forward and gave me an encouraging nod. I took a deep breath before jumping. He caught me by my hips before letting me stand on the grass.

"Hand up!"

I froze when I heard another voice. We turned around and two guys were pointing their guns at us. Without hesitating, both brothers went to them. They kick their guns out before punching the guys. Aziel elbowed the guy in the face before punching him and knocking him off. Adam used the back of his gun to knock the other guy.

Aziel came to me, wrapped his hand around mine before dragging us to the parking lot. Adam did the same with Alicia.

"I'll call Carter and we'll look after them," Aziel told Adam and he nodded. We parted our ways since his car was on the other side of the parking lot.

Aziel unlocked the door of the car and we both climbed in. He called Carter, talked to him briefly and then hung up. He speed toward the exit, which when we pass through the gates, we found the security guys unconscious on the ground.

"I'll drop you home," Aziel told me.

"You'll go back to fight them?" I asked cautiously.

"Yes, but we'll more likely attack their main hideout." He replied.

"You know where their hideouts are?" I asked and he shook his head no.

"Not yet, Carter is working on it." He replied.

The ride home was quiet. When we reached, Aziel parked the car and we stepped out. It was already late and the house was quiet and a little darker. I guess Thalia did come back to check the house. He walked in first, with me following him and he turned on the lights.

He suddenly turned toward me and looked at my thigh, "Let me clean that,"

I glanced down and saw the white cloth soaking with my blood, "It's okay, i-i'll do it."

"I need to see it. If it's too deep, I'll call a family doctor." He explained.

Before I could refuse again, he was making his way upstairs. I sighed and followed him. He turned toward my room and opened the door.

"Go in the bathroom," he told me.

I walked into the bathroom.