0:08

The atmosphere in the room stood tense

The atmosphere in the room stood tense. Each person carefully watched the ball as it dropped from Hendrichs’ hand, smoothly gliding onto his lane. It was a moment of a lifetime, a moment that would make all the difference, and both Shane, and Hendrichs knew that.

It was an impossible shot to make, that’s what rang in Shane’s mind. However, she still felt like she had been duped by that thought when she allowed for Hendrichs to take Marie’s shot with both bowling pins sitting at each end of the lane. It was an impossible shot to make right? She knew she could never make both pins, just probably one.

Somehow she had let her game slip by rolling her ball into the gutter, and the competitive side of her could not let her relax, but somehow Hendrichs’ team also managed to roll one into the gutter. However, this was only the beginning of not getting those perfect scores anymore longer. And Hendrichs being able to make this shot meant his team won. The Alphas as he had titled them on the screen.

She could hear her heart thud within her ears, her face hot as watched the ball hit one pin, curve and hit the other. All sound seemed to fade, but she could see The Alphas celebrate, as her eyes became slightly blurry before she blinked them quite rapidly. Her chest tightened as she realized that she had lost. Which was something she never did, lose to another in life, and when playing games.

She felt Logan’s hand envelope her, resting on her shoulders as he tried to catch her attention. Honestly, she was in such a daze, this moment truly surreal. How could she have slipped on her game, how could she have underestimated him? She honestly did not think he could get one up on her.

“It’s okay to lose Shane, that’s how you do better on the next round,” Logan whispered into her ear, placing both his hands on her shoulders so she could look at him. But she avoided all eye contact, “we did our best, now don’t be a sore loser, let’s go congratulate the winning team,”

She gave him a weak smile, quickly meeting his eyes, before looking at the space besides him. She gave off a small chuckle, to keep face, because honestly, she was burning on the inside, “It was a good game,” she pursed her lips,

“And I’m not being a sore loser, I’m just coming to terms with the fact that I lost to your bestie,” she gave off yet another weak laugh.

“About time you stopped underestimating the man Shane, but it was just a game, don’t take it to heart. You coming?” he asked, pointing to the group of three that were talking, and laughing as well.

“I’ll meet you there, just have to put my game face on,” she said, giving him a reassuring smile so he could leave content, to which he gave off a nod before walking away.

She mentally groaned, taking in a breath before letting out one immediately after. Her heart just was not content with the result, and she so badly wanted to scream foul because this was Marie’s shot. She wanted a rematch so she could prove that she was the best when it came to this game.