Chapter 24 {Rest day?}

Make each day your masterpiece...

Catalaiya's pov:

The next day, I woke up with pain in my thigh. Yesterday it didn't hurt at all but today, it was quite sore. I texted Nayvee and told her that I would be working from home today.

I took a shower, got ready and redid a new bandage on my wound.

(Catalaiya's outfit⬆️)

I stepped out of my room and walked toward the stairs. I stopped when I saw Aziel walking out of his room. He was in his usual grey sweatpants and a white undershirt. By his wet, dripping hair I knew he had just taken a shower.

He looked up from his phone and he stopped in his track.

"Good morning," he greeted me with a soft tone.

"Good morning,"

His eyes went down to the bondage, "Did you change it?"

"Yeah, I shower and it got wet," I said and he nodded.

"Are you heading to your office?" He inquired and I shook my head no.

"My leg feels a little sore," I admitted.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "You didn't take any painkiller yesterday?"

"There was no pain, so I didn't," I replied.

"Which is why you are feeling it today." He pointed out.

"I'll take one later." I shrugged and he nodded.

Since none of us talked after, there was a silence around us.

"H-how did it go?" I break the silence.

"It was pretty rough, I just came home like thirty minutes ago." He answered.

Thirty minutes ago...

"You didn't sleep..." I trailed off.

"No, which is why I'm not going anywhere today. I'll rest at home." He explained.

I nodded, we both made our way downstairs. Both Thalia and Alfred were by the dining table, setting up the table with a delicious breakfast.

"Good morn- what happened to you?" Thalia asked midway while putting the cheese on the table. She put the bowl on the table, looking at me concerned.

"The event turned into a shooting field," Aziel replied from beside me.

Both Thalia and Alfred gasped.

"You got shot?" Alfred asked me and I instantly shook my head no.

"It was just a piece of glass that did a small cut," I said and they sighed in relief.

"Which explain why you just came home like thirty minutes ago," Thalia commented as she look at Aziel. Aziel nodded.

"You are both staying home to rest right?" Alfred asked looking back and forth at me and Aziel.

"Yes," we both said.

"Good, let's have breakfast." Thalia smiled.

----

I was in my room when my phone started to ring. Without looking at the Id, I picked up.

"Yes?"

"Hey, girlfriend." I heard the familiar voice of Kassy.

"Hey girlfriend, whatsup?" I asked, taking my laptop off my lap.

"I need a favour from you, are you free right now?" She asked with a tired sigh.

"Yeah, I'm kinda free. How can I help you?" I inquired.

"Can you watch over Aria-"

"Yes!"

She chuckled, "Let me finish my sentence woman. She's with me right now, should I come by your office?"

"I'm not at the office, where are you?" I questioned.

"I'm in my office. Early in the morning, the babysitter bailed on me so I had to bring her here and she hates it. She had been crying non-stop. Leo has two important meetings today and he won't be able to look after her." She explained.

"It's okay, I'll come to pick her up," I told her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes,"

"Ok, I'll wait for you."

"Ok,"

I hung up before putting on my shoe. I made my way downstairs and luckily Alfred was at the front watering the plants. Thalia was in the guest house while Aziel was in his room, probably sleeping. I asked Alfred to drive me to the address of Kassy's office.

It was around 10:30 am when we left the house and for some reason, there was a lot of traffic. Usually, it takes twenty minutes to reach her office, it took us thirty-five minutes.

Alfred parked on the side of the road while I made my way inside. Kassy was by the counter with a sleeping Aria in her arms.

"Thank you," she says as she sees me.

"No problem,"

"There are her bags. One has her clothes and diapers while the other one has her bottle and milk. The small one has her toys." She quickly explained everything to me.

"You took so many things with you?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I didn't know at what time I'll be done."

I grabbed the bags and made my way to the car with her following me. I put all the bags at the back before grabbing Aria from her. As I lay her head on my chest, she looked up at me with her sleepy eyes.

"Hi," I smiled.

She didn't react, instead, she lay her head back and fell asleep.

"Thank you once again."

"My pleasure,"

Alfred drove us home and Aria slept the whole time. When we reached home, I carefully stepped out of the car while Alfred grabbed all her bags.

"Where should I keep this?" Alfred murmured while pointing at the bags.

"Keep it on the couch in the living room," I say and he nodded.

We made our way inside and Thalia walked to us. She smiled widely when she noticed the small sleeping figure in my arms.

"She's so cute." She spoke lowly.

"Where will you put her to sleep?" Thalia asked me.

"I think in my room. Once she'll be awake I'll bring her downstairs." I answered and she nodded.

The thing was that the whole house was quiet. Wherever I'll put her, she'll sleep peacefully but since I have some work to complete and even Thalia has to cook, I figured that I'll bring her into my room so that I can keep an eye on her. Once she'll be awake i'll bring her downstairs and she will be able to play with everyone.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah