20| Share

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Share

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 20: Share (Aaron's POV)

"You should have told me," I scoffed, staring at Davidson in disbelief.

He sighed. "You know very well that Judith is friends with your mother."

"My parents are not together, Mr. Davidson. They haven't been for practically a decade, just because you're inviting her doesn't mean you have to invite him."

"It would be rude. We've worked with him in the past, he got us our house. He's our agent."

"Why is he here?"

He blinked in confusion. "You don't want your father here?"

"No, I don't."

"I would have warned you had I known that. If it helps, your mother will join us in Maui, but she won't stay the entire time. She's only dropping in for two days."

"That doesn't help. At all. Thanks," I nodded. I hate my father more than my mother does. I turned around, walking back to Vanessa, ignoring Dad and Nick who were sitting in the corner seats, working. I made it back over to Vanessa who stood right where I left her, fidgeting with the keychain on her bag. "Hey," I mumbled.

"Hey." She eyed me for a moment. "You okay?"

I nodded, humming.

She nodded towards my Dad. "Should I not ask who they are?"

"Probably not. We should just stay away from them."

She shrugged. "Okay. Can we sit down?"

"Yeah, sorry."

"It's all right." She glanced at me and then walked ahead, sitting fairly far from my dad and brother.

I stood up and she looked at me in confusion. "Do you want coffee?"

She shook her head and grabbed my t-shirt, pulling me back down. "And you don't need any either. You seem angry and coffee won't help." She leaned in a bit closer. "Why are you so mad?" she whispered.

I turned to her. "I'm..." I blinked, my eyes scanning her face.

How did Vanessa end up being the first person I didn't mind telling the truth?

I briefly looked at her from top to bottom. From her loose bun held together with a giant clip to the white simple tank, she wore under a black jacket with matching black joggers, both from Nike. And the chunky sneakers. The only piece of Adidas clothing when everything else was Nike.

My eyes came back to hers and she lifted a brow at me. "You're wearing Adidas shoes when everything else on you is Nike."

She rolled her eyes. "That is so off-topic. I asked you something. If you don't want to tell me, just say that."

"It's not that I don't want to tell you, I just don't tell anyone about this kind of stuff. Don't take it personally."