45

Harry Styles

"I don't have much time to give to you because you've had enough time when you ran away... and today is my girlfriend's birthday so I really want to get this fucking over with so I can go stay with her," I spoke up, looking into Anne's eyes.

I was tired.

Fuck, exhaustion didn't begin to cover it. But I was back... and Cleo was the only reason I hadn't lost my mind.

I actually fell asleep last night, only a few minutes after Cleo slept as well.

She stopped right in the middle of a story about playing chess with Niall and I was so proud of her for talking about him. I wished I could tell her this last night, but I was going to make sure to remind her how strong she was.

It was one of the reasons why I managed to wake up today, besides missing her so fucking much and knowing I had probably missed her birthday.

Thank god I hadn't.

Her strength inspired me... and I just had to regain control of myself and my mind again. It was about time.

"Harry, how are you?" Anne asked, still keeping a safe distance from me.

There was a bandage on her neck and Cleo had told me about what happened. She lost control and I knew she still wanted Anne to die. But I needed to talk to her.

The first thing I did when I woke up was to check the time and which day it was, before I peed and brushed my teeth to wash away the weird taste in my mouth.

Realizing it was Cleo's birthday already made me feel relieved that it hadn't gone by, but I hated myself for already ruining her day. She did so much for me and I didn't know how to repay her, but I wasn't going to waste the rest of her day, I just had to get some closure first.

I wanted Cleo to celebrate her life. I wanted to celebrate it too, it was one of the main reasons I was alive and conscious right now.

Another reason was that I deserved to know everything, I did this for myself too.

And it was my right to look for my sister and somehow try to handle all these years I'd lived without knowing who I truly was.

I just knew Gemma was alive... I felt it. I just wanted to make sure she was safe, I wouldn't want to bother her. What if she also remembered me? Or worse, how could I face her after pretending I was an only child all this time? She'd probably hate me.

Did she look for me? Were my parents alive?

Honestly, I didn't know if I wanted to dive too deep into my old life. I only spent five years as that Harry and I was a child, now I was someone else entirely different.

I was a killer... I wasn't the good guy. Maybe it was better if they thought I was dead, it was definitely safer for them. I wasn't going to fool myself into thinking things could magically change, this was who I am. My plan wasn't to find my family and be normal, it was too late for that and I didn't want it.

I just wanted to make sure Gemma was okay... she probably wasn't. I wasn't.

The pain was still haunting me and I knew it'd stick for a while, maybe forever. But I had plenty of time to think and I was too tired to be angry.

This hurt. "I don't know why you stayed here for the past two days, but I do need to talk to you," I spoke up, scratching the back of my neck.

My muscles hurt too much and I knew my body had been in shock. What I went through was the scariest thing ever, probably just as worse as what happened when I was a child.