♛ 31

Dasom sighed, looking outside the window. She got into Mark's car, her mind still clouded with bloodlust. She was furious, she was so close to knowing the truth behind the bomber.

Mark turned to look at her while driving, "you should've told me you were going there."

"How'd you know I was there?" 

"My brother."

It was a simple answer, only two words but it was enough to knock some senses into her head. He had told her before she went there that his brother was Diablo, the man who has control over Neo Mortem Mafia- the underboss.

"Did you follow me all the way there?"

Mark hummed, eyes focusing on the road. 

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Of course, I'm not deaf am I?"

Dasom snickered at his words, looking at him from the side. She knew that he wouldn't waste his time to save a life, there must be a reason behind this.

"I've told you before, you'll be replaced easily if you die. Don't go out wasting your life, our goal here is to win the game."

Dasom pursed her lips, not wanting to take this problem further. She caused enough troubles for him tonight, so she'd rather shut up and not be a menace. 

But no matter how hard she tried to push those thoughts aside, she was only left with unsettled business and unsaid words.

"Where are we going?"

"My place. I know you're gonna say no, but they're following us. So if you go back to your place, they'll know who you are," 

Dasom leaned her head against the window, shutting her eyes closed. 

"Don't worry, your sister will be okay. Just listen to me for now, will you?"

Dasom hummed in response, pushing those thoughts away. The thoughts that have left her bothered since that day.

────────────♡⋆.ೃ࿔*────

"Welcome back, young master. I see that you have brought a guest." His butler greeted.

Mark nodded his head. "Can you please prepare the guest room?"

"Alright, young master. Anything else?"

"No, that's all. Dasom, follow me."

Dasom carefully followed him as he walked towards his room. As soon as they arrived, she immediately took off her fedora and wig, sighing in relief. 

Looking around his room, it was nothing like she expected at all. It was a lot cleaner, minimalistic, and overall tidy. He also had a hammock which immediately caught her attention.

Mark noticed that she has taken quite an interest in his hammock. "You can sit there if you want."

Dasom sat on the hammock, looking around his room again. "So are you gonna tell me who was following us?"

"The guys from Neo Mortem Mafia."

"Didn't your brother told you to save me?"

Mark chuckled, loosening his necktie. He took off his watch, putting it on the table before walking towards her. "Lee Taeyong? Are you dumb?"

He stood right in front of her, bending down to get his head on the same level as her. "You wanna know what he said? He said, he'd blow your head off if I don't get you."

"And you decided to get me?" 

"Would you rather have my brother blow your head off?"

Dasom looked away, flustered by the short distance between their faces. 

"Not exactly." She mumbled quietly but enough for him to hear.

Mark grinned at her, ruffling her hair. He has always been bad at comforting people, but the one thing that her mother always do to him was ruffling his hair. It sort of comforting to him, so it became his way of showing affection.

Dasom's eyes widened for a split second. That was new, the feeling she felt. Her parents have never really cared about her and her brother, despite the fact that he does care about her, they're not that close.

"I won't let you die easily. So don't go out wasting your life like that, you got me?"

"Roger that, captain."

They both smiled at each other. It was a rather frantic night but peculiarly, her thoughts have managed to fade away for a moment. A short yet meaningful moment. They didn't knew how much these little moment meant back then, not until they truly lost each other. 

hello im gonna release quite a lot of chapters so hold on tight;)