006

When you opened your eyes, you were met with darkness. Your head pounded and your limbs ached with every movement. Adjusting your eyes to the darkness, you caught sight of an unfamiliar ceiling and a sense of panic flooded into your body.

You looked your side and saw a digital clock, with bright, glaring numbers that told the time, 3:27.

When you looked around, you saw someone sitting on a chair, asleep. Their hair covered their face, hindering you from seeing it. You slowly got up, limbs screaming in pain but you kept your mouth shut. Pushing the blanket that covering your body, you looked down and saw your sleeves rolled up and your old bandages replaced with new, cleaner ones.

You touched your aching head and felt the soft material of the bandages wrapped around it. Picking your body up, you walked over to the window and looked out, seeing that the room was on the ground floor. Not wanting to wake up the stranger, you slowly opened the window and raised your leg.

Jumping out of the window was easy, and the familiar feeling of grass felt nice on your skin. You quietly closed the window from behind, and began running towards the main street.

Eerily, this place seemed familiar to you, but your head was in too much pain to think straight. You walked around, barefoot and went to the nearest sign which read Nakano Sun Street.

Realising that you were only three streets away from your own house, you started limping to your house, careful not to encounter anyone. You decided to take the more isolated route, however only after making sure that there wasn't any delinquents around.

You made it to your house in about 30 minutes or so, thankful that most of the lights were closed, indicating that your mother was asleep.

You pulled out a small key in the back pocket of your pants and inserting it in the lock. Turning the silver key, you heard the clicking sound of the lock, smiling in content. Slowly opening the door, you tiptoed inside, careful not to make a single sound.

You managed to carefully reach your room. Closing your room's door behind you. You heaved a sigh as you fell on your bed. Pain flooded your body but you continued anyways.

There was still time for your school so you decided to lay down and get some sleep before getting up.

The blaring sound of your alarm was what woke you up from your deep sleep. You groaned slightly before getting up, walking up to your bathroom to do your daily routine.

Slipping into your uniform, you picked up your bag and dragged your aching body downstairs, ready for another day of hell. Your mother was already there, acting as if last night had never happened. Grabbing the money that was placed on the kitchen table, you opened the main door and left, closing it behind you without even muttering a goodbye.

She didn't deserve it, anyways...

Dark bags were evident under your eyes, even though you had enough sleep. The injuries on your body had gotten better but the wound on your head still hurt. You were so immersed in making sure you didn't run into a pole with your skull-crushing headache, that you completely didn't notice someone standing near you, leaning on their bike.

"[male name]... " A soft, familiar voice called out, making you turn your head to the voice's direction. Your eyes widened at the sight of Shinichirō-san who was devoid of his usual kind smile. His monotonous expression sent shivers down your spine as you shot him a shaky smile, "Shinichirō-niisan.... What brings you here??"

He pulled out the stand of his bike and left it standing, whereas he started walking towards you, his expression never changing. You instinctively backed away slightly, and felt your knees go weak when he stood right in front of you, staring right into your soul, "Shini...chirō-niisan??" A meek whisper left your lips, your heart beating erratically.

His expression softened at your frightened gaze and crouched down to your level, "[male name]... how have you been??" He asked, his voice slightly wavering as if he were about to cry.

"I... I'm fine, Shinichirō-niisan... " Those words left your mouth almost on reflex. His eyes widened at your statement and he looked down. You both stayed that way for a while, until he finally raised his head, with tears dripping down his cheeks.

"Shinichirō-niisan!!!" You moved forward in surprise gripping his sleeves, but he immediately pulled you into a tight hug, apologising without a stop.

"I'm so sorry!!! I-I'm so sorry, [male name]!! If only I had noticed sooner!! I'm so damn sorry!!" Your breathing hitched as you heard his voice crack at the end, proving just how desperately he was apologising, but why??

"Shinichirō-niisan... " You whispered softly, confused but not wanting to startle the poor man, "What do you mean??" He kept on shaking, crying fervently.

He buried his head into your shoulder, "Shinichirō-niisan..." You called out once again, which seemed to get his attention. He wiped his tears with the sleeves of his black jacket and ran his fingers through your hair, "[male name].... be honest with me.... that woman.... she hurts you, right?!" His question made your breathing hitch.

"I-I-I need to g-go!! Bye bye, Shinichirō-niisan!!!" You squeaked, trying to desperately get away, "[male name], please!! I need you to tell me the truth!!" You tried to remove his hands from your shoulder, tears starting to well up in your eyes, "I-I need to go!!!! I-I have to leave!!!! Or-Or she'll kill you!!!" By now, tears were starting to fall down your cheeks and as desperately you tried not to cry, you were failing miserably.

Shinichirō's eyes widened at your statement and his grip loosened, allowing you to escape. You ran in the direction of your school, not even looking back. The male stood alone, dried tears stuck on his cheeks as he gazed at your fleeting figure.

Slowly he turned his head to look at your house, which could still be seen in the distance. His soft eyes turned cold, a fiery look overtaking them. He grit his teeth as he remembered your bloodied state yesterday and who was responsible for it. He glared at the house, "I'll fucking kill that bitch!!"

Your pace had slowed down ever since you ran away from the older boy, feeling guilty for lying to him, but you knew that if he got tangled up in your mess, he might get hurt.

And you wouldn't allow it, he was too precious to you. You were too caught up in your thoughts to notice Emma creeping up behind you. She gently placed a hand on your shoulder, making you yelp in surprise. You turned to look at her as she let out tiny giggles, making you pout at her.

She shot you an apologetic look before pointing at your head and bandages on your face, "Are you okay??" She asked with her little accent, making you smile at her.

"Just got in a little fight..... " You reassured her with a kind smile. She beamed at your reassurance and then looked down with her cheeks turning slightly red, "Lunch..... with me???" She questioned, making you think for a minute.

"Ah!!! You want me to have lunch with you?!?" You exclaimed making her nod happily as her blush seemed to darken, "Sure!! You wouldn't mind if I bring another friend, right?!?" You tilted your head to the side.

You were sure Emma and Yuki would get along wonderfully. Since Emma didn't or more like, couldn't speak that much, just like you, you were sure she would like Yuki's company

Just like you had expected, she gave you a gentle nod, making you give her a soft grin. You couldn't wait for them to meet.