014

The next day when you woke up, your head was pounding. Your body ached, and you felt as if you were on fire. Your vision was hazy but you could still make out a bunch of figures huddled around you. One of them placed a hand on your forehead and then turned to the others to say something.

"His fever's gotten higher..." Shinichirō explained to his friends as Manjirō and Emma peaked from the door. They were very surprised and excited to find out that you were at their home, wanting to play with you as soon as their Grandpa told them about you.

Unfortunately, their brother came rushing down the stairs as he rummaged through the drawers for medicine. Upon asking, they found out that you had a very high fever from getting soaked in yesterday's rain. Their disappointment was immeasurable as they realised that now they couldn't spend the day with you.

A huff left Manjirō's lips as he glared at his brother's friends. When did they become so close to you?! He grit his teeth and tightened his grip around the door, turning around in envy, "Come on, Emma!! He needs rest!!" The said girl looked sad at her brother's statement but complied, knowing that he was right.

The two kids ran away, jealousy evident on their faces as they informed their Grandpa that they were leaving for school. He bid them goodbye before walking towards the phone and calling your school to notify them that you were sick and would not be able to come today.

Meanwhile, Shinichirō and the others sat around you, worry evident on their faces, "I just gave him some medicine, maybe that'll work..." Their ravenette leader stated, uncertainty lining his sentences.

Takeomi looked down at your weak, gasping body and closed his eyes in pain. He couldn't bear to see a child suffer like this, his mind replacing your figure with his little sister's. He shook his head to get rid of the thought as the other gang members turned to him.

"Takeomi, you should go back.... Your siblings must be waiting for you, right?" Keizo questioned, worried for his friends. The others nodded at his statement and Takeomi let out a stiff sigh, "You're right.... Shinichirō, make sure to keep informing me about his health, alright?!" The tall boy couldn't help but worry for you.

He had gotten quite attached to you in just one day, realising why his leader was so fond of you. He didn't want to leave, but apparently his siblings were probably worried about him as well.

He left with a heavy heart, waving the others goodbye. The other gang members, after seeing him off immediately went to Shinichirō's room to check up on you. Unsurprisingly, you were still unconscious, or so they thought.

You let out a meek groan, cracking open your eyes ever so slightly. Shinichirō was the first one to rush to your side as you tried to get up, "Hey hey!! [Male Name], don't get up right now!! Your fever's still too high!!" He said as he pushed you down to rest.

His grandfather had already made them all some breakfast, but they all decided to eat in the same room as you, in case you needed anything.

"Shini.... c-chiro-niisan...." You mumbled, not having the strength to even mutter words, "It's alright... I'm here, Nii-san is here..." He comfortingly muttered as he ran his fingers through your hair. Wakasa and Keizo watched in anticipation, fear flooding their body as they watched your condition worsening.

"M-Mother..... she'll... g-get angry... if I s-stay any longer..." You whispered, eyes cracking open once more to show the fear glimmering in them. Shinichirō clenched his teeth at your words but calmed himself down for your sake, "No she won't.... If it scares you that much, we'll call her right now so she won't get angry..."

Wakasa and Keizo really wanted to rush down the street and fight your mother, not caring if she was a woman. They so desperately held themselves back by looking away, choosing to glare menacingly at the floor. And it seemed that Shinichirō was no better, as they watched him continuously clench and unclench his fist.