Chapter 12

Sidharth stands in front of his Dad's photo.
"I don't know Dad, if I am doing the right thing or not. I couldn't see him in pain. I am not worried about me. I am prepared for the worst. I just hope she behaves well with Ma. "
"Dad, this is a big decision for me that will change just everything. Give me the strength to face all circumstances. Just be there for me."

"Sid!"
Sidharth turns to find his three musketeers standing at the door. They come in and Ryan puts his hand on his shoulder.
"Sid, are you sure about this? Suicide is a sin! You go to hell for that."
Rohan says,"Seriously, Ryan? How can you make fun of the situation?"
Sidharth removes his hand, "Isse kya padi hai? It's my life after all."
Ryan smiles and gives out a deep breath, he says,"I am sorry. But I feel frustrated as I can't really do anything. You shouldn't be doing this. You should be living a life not always sacrificing for others. I hate it when you keep doing it with that goody boy smile."

Sidharth presses his shoulder,"I am alright."
Ryan shakes his head,"No yaar. This is not done. Why do you care for someone whom you hardly know? If he lives or dies, why do you care? "
"You know, I do. This is how I am. I can't change suddenly."
Ryan says,"Listen, you go out through the back door. I will get you tickets to.. hmm.. Goa. Yes. Go  and enjoy for a few days. Here I will tell everyone, you left for some urgent work. No, even better, I will say you were kidnapped.."

"And why would anyone kidnap me? What about Ma and Shini?Who will look after them? And my job?"
"Right. Yes! I will tell everyone that they mistook you for me and kidnapped you. And job, well I will invest and we can start something, an architectural firm maybe. And we are here to take care of aunty and Shini. Don't you trust us? Jaa bhag ja. You idiots, go and pack his bag."

Sidharth smiles and pulls the big guy from the back of his neck into a bear hug. 
"Tu sachi pagal hai. Itna pyar karta hai?"
"Chal bey! Tu kya Katrina Kaif hai, jo tujhe pyaar karunga? Chal chod."
He breaks the hug and moves back.
Sidharth says,"Nobody is forcing me, Ryan. I am doing this because that old man will die if I don't. He is really worried. My one decision can reduce some of his stress. I don't expect anything from her. I just want her to stay in her best behaviour here at my place."

Rohan says,"She will now know you are Sidu. Maybe then she will be good with you too."
"Maybe, maybe not. But she doesn't love him. She believes she is in love with Sameer. How can he stay happy with her?", Ryan adds.
Sidharth nods his head, "This relationship will have no love. Yeh samjhota ka rista hoga. Par jo hoga nibha na toh hai hi. And I will do my best for that. My happiness is with my family,  bas woh thik ho then I am happy."

Sidharth comes out of the room, in a simple white kurta. His friends follow him outside. They are all in simple Indian wear. In the living room are two elderly people, Rohan and Rohit's parents, Rajan and Urmilla Parekh. Sumitra stands up along with them and smiles at her son. 
She was not surprised when he announced three nights back that he is going to marry Shehnaaz. She knew her son very well. He had such a kind heart. She knew he would eventually say yes to the proposal given by Sukhbinder Suri. She just said one thing to him,
"Sid, tu jo bhi karega, I am with you. I will just say one thing, you will not repent your decision. I have the feeling that you both will stay happy. I know, your sacrifice will not go in vain."

She signals to Shini who is really excited for his brother's wedding. She wears a new pista green Anarkali suit. She brings up a puja thali to her mother. Sumitra does aarti and puts a Tika on Sidharth's forehead. He touches her feet and she kisses his head.
"Chalo jaldi, we will be late bhaiya!"
Shini says with a smile.
"Tujhe badi jaldi hai?"
Ryan says with irritation in his voice.
"Uff Ryan bhai, it's bhaiya's wedding. I will be obviously excited. Just that I wish, sab grand hota."

Ryan whispers into Rohan's ears,"Isse toh sirf enjoyment ki padi hai. I really have doubts that she is really his sister. "
Rohan shakes his head as Ryan says to Shini,"Seriously Shini? "
Shini makes a face, "Please Ryan bhai, I know bhaiya is doing a favour here by marrying someone he doesn't like. But he is getting married after all. Mera toh ek hi bhai hai na aur shaadi bhi ek baar hoti hai. So I said I wanted to enjoy it. Why do you make me a villain all the time? I don't want to spoil my mood talking to you."
Sidharth signals Ryan to stop,"Shini, enough. You go with Rohan."