sixty five: the man with that kind of smile

Y/N's POV:

The suit I was given was way too big for me.

It fit the others perfectly - but apparently, I wasn't lucky enough to get a Wicked soldier's uniform that wasn't two sizes too big.

As annoying as it was, I tried to ignore it and continue walking.

"Don't stop." Thomas instructed, marching forward beside me, Newt and Gally, with Teresa in front of us.

The girl was not happy – she didn't want to do this. But not even Thomas seemed to care at this point, he was more preoccupied with getting Minho back.

Newt stayed close, afraid that someone would recognise me and that would jeopardise the entire plan. I figured him paranoid; we're all wearing masks.

I'd felt his fingers twitch for mine, but then he'd quickly snap out of it. It'd look odd two soldiers holding hands.

From what I can tell, Wicked soldiers aren't supposed to have human emotions – they're there to do a job. Nothing more.

"Go, go, go." Gally hissed, jabbing the end of his gun into Teresa's back to move her forward. She was stalling, going slower so we would reach the building later than we planned.

We were so close to it – I could feel the warmth of it from here. Actual Wicked soldiers weaved their way through it, allowing the doors to open and shut as they went. I could see Doctors in lab coats, hurriedly scribbling something down.

I despised the lot of them.

Stepping over the line that separated the outside world from Wicked's headquarters ignited a feeling of relief – so far, we had made it unscathed.

No one had noticed who we are, and what we're here for.

Collectively, we headed to the staircase, exactly where Teresa had said the control box would be. Gally immediately went towards it, looking for the easiest way to get into it.

But it seemed he didn't even attempt to open it, instead, sticking some sort of gadget to the front.

Thomas and Newt scoured the stairs, checking to see if anyone else was around, but after giving the signal, we knew we were alone.

I was in charge of making sure Teresa didn't do anything stupid to get us caught, which to me, meant holding a gun to her temple.

"You don't have to threaten me, Y/n. I understand what will happen if I do anything." The girl said, crossing her arms across her chest.

I scoffed. "Did I give you permission to speak? Shut the fuck up."

Gally chuckled at my response, before pulling away from the control box. "We got a signal."

Thomas nodded, grabbing a walkie-talkie out of his pocket to inform Frypan. "Fry, we're in. How are you doing?"

The boy grunted, sounding frustrated. "Yeah, I'm getting there. Tell Minho I said 'hey', alright?"

Thomas laughed, agreeing to do what Fry asked, before changing channels to speak with Brenda.

I took this opportunity to head over to Newt. He noticed me walk over, and gave me a weak smile. "I'm pretty sure you should be watching Teresa right now, love." He said, pulling my hand with his.

"I'm aware, but I'd much rather sit with you. How are you feeling?" I asked, squeezing his hand for reassurance.

Newt coughed, holding up his other hand to his mouth. "Fine. Just looking forward to getting Minho back."