♛ 32

Her heart sank into a maze of memories as she fell into a the world of dreams. She was staring at a house, a mansion. It looked similar because in fact, it's her house.

But one thing made it different. It looked musty, broken, and abandoned. 

A nightmarish dance, an endless rhythm. 

She walked into the house, wandering around the place she once called home. Despite the fact that everything looked untouched, it was still abandoned. The air was tight and humid, making her feel the singularity even more.

It wasn't the deepest part of the eternal dream yet. The fragmented world has yet to break into more pieces. 

There she saw a figure; a figure so similar yet she couldn't recall the name of that person. The name of that person was wandering around her lips.

The gap between them soon began to increase. She wanted to run, but her legs didn't obey her- they stayed in place. The darkness swallowed her scream, making the figure disappear in the midst of her confusion.

Will it all eventually become nothing? Will it all become memories?

Those questions lingered around her mind longer than she desired. 

Everything went on just like a blur as her eyes soon fluttered open. It was just a dream- a nightmare.

She looked around the room, noticing that this wasn't her room. Then she remembered that Mark took her here last night, she's in the guest room he had prepared for her.

She sighed, sitting up from her bed, burying her face on her hands. 

This war-like life made her the loser every time. Everything ran far away from the tip of her fingers. 

⊹⊱☆⊰⊹

"Hyung, why is the— Dasom?"

Heeseung frowned as he saw the girl, dressed in Mark's t-shirt and sweatpants in his room at 6am in the morning. Not to mention, it was Tuesday. Meaning, they have school in less than three hours.

"What?" Mark simply asked, not minding the fact that the girl was in his room.

Heeseung looked at him, then back to Dasom. Her hair was wet so it looked like she just came out of the shower. "Don't tell me you two—"

"We're not. I took her here last night because she almost got her head blown off my the Neo Mortem Mafia. She slept in the guest room but she has no clothes so she came here to borrow mine and to use the shower." Mark explained.

"But you guys didn't—"

"I dare you to finish that sentence," Mark raised an eyebrow, shutting the younger boy's mouth immediately. "What do you want?" 

"Oh right," Heeseung coughed, handing him a small box. "You got a package from you know, him."

Glancing back at Dasom one last time, Heeseung then left the room. He didn't want to assume things between the two, but it sure was odd for Mark Lee to take a girl home. 

Mark put the package on the table, looking at the girl who was drying her hair with a small towel. 

"Hey Mark," Dasom called, earning a hum from the guy. "Things are rough between you and your brother, isn't it?"

"So are things with you and your parents, am I correct?"

Dasom just nodded her head, looking out the window. "Your house is nice,"

She wanted to ask him more about Taeyong, but she wasn't the type of person to meddle around someone else's life. She was curious, yes. But she'd rather him telling it on his own will than her pushing him to it.

However, there was one weird thing that she had noticed last night and just couldn't take her mind off it. It was his hammock.

It was located near his desk, yet it looked untouched. 

"It's about your hammock. Do you never use it?"

Mark looked at her with an unreadable look. "Why'd you ask?"

"The screws were loose. If you still sit there often, you'd tighten them."

Mark stayed quiet, not knowing how to answer that question. He knew that she was observant, but he didn't expect her to notice the thing about his hammock. Because she was in fact correct, he had never sat there again for years.

"Yeah, it wasn't mine in the first place after all," That was all he said, not wanting to take the conversation further. "Now come on, we have school later."

heeeseung my man chill😌