𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬.

████████████████████

𝗔𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗖𝘂𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻 / 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗗𝘂𝗻𝗲━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Despite speed and advanced endurance, immortals still favored the idea of driving like the modern era they growing accustomed in. It was the thrill of driving recklessly, no fear of the incapability of ever getting injured or dying when crashing into a hard surface or landmark by the result. The BMW 6 series races past the local entry bridge of Forks, dashing color of earl black strikes well with the city it entered when passed by the sign.

     "She's almost here." The Dune coven turns their head to Alice who announced abruptly after an echo of silence. Sunrise had peaked its highest already when she caught a vision of Coraline Dune entering the city of Forks with sunglasses and a stoic expression. She seemed beautiful, Alice can't help but think.

By utmost privacy, Aspen had her shields up against Edward Cullen. Even then, she offered the same solace privacy with the Cullens and Hale who suffered from their family member's gift. It was quiet, Edward says firsthand when Aspen succeeded in keeping her guard up with her new found friends. But even then, it drained her both physically and mentally. The amount of numbers she had to protect was exceeding her limit, making her reach her limit and that infuriated her.

     Until Carlisle assures her it was fine. That she should save all that strength for the army they would fight and keep her family's mind private. They were guests and doing his family a huge favor, Carlisle wouldn't want to impose in their lives anymore than he already is.

     "I told you she would handle it." Everleigh softly says from her seat besides her husband, legs crossed and appointed words to her daughter — Aspen — who acknowledged with silence.

     They — earlier — were informed that Coraline would get into a nasty fight with a newborn vampire. At first, Alice was making assumptions that they would all go to Seattle by then because of what she's seen but was baffled when Everleigh told her that Cora would handle it well. It didn't matter. Alice was just confused as to why she would jump to conclusions so fast and quick to defend a stranger she's only heard of.

     "I'm just not used to her venturing alone, that's all." Aspen was younger but when first turned into what she is now, Coraline was there to guide and help her.

Then again, Everleigh was the one who found Aspen nearly close to death and turned her out of pity and in hopes for Coraline not to be alone after centuries anymore. In a shorter term, Leigh turned Aspen in hopes to be Coraline's mate but they only shared a specific term of love meant for siblingship.

"Didn't she travel alone? All those years alive. . . I assumed most of you lived alone in immortality." Alice was left alone at home, calling in a sick day after overwhelming visions of new profound coven friends entered her life. It mostly gave her migraines and many new futures to see, a distraction keeping her from school if she ever attends.

     Then Caspian suggested she'd take a rest at home to get used to the power she held. With Carlisle at work, Esme tending to buy furnitures for their guests who needed to be tend, Jasper and Edward at school, Rosalie and Emmett hunting, Alice stays.

     "We have." Caspian says as fact, "Before me, Everleigh turned Coraline out of sympathy and hopes of a family."

     "Me and Coraline were the first of our family." Everleigh informs, sharply sensing Alice's eagerness to know more. "But after a year of her being a vampire, she rebelled for only six months and return home. I learned shortly that she's gifted and accidentally used her abilities against a pack of shapeshifters in Norway."

     "I haven't seen her apart from this coven even when I was turned fifty years after." Caspian says, remembered how he used to feel bad for his adoptive daughter that seem to always be alone and felt alone. Between him and Everleigh, she always did treated herself as an outsider without a significant other.

     "And me two hundred years after Caspian's." Aspen spoke. It was the first time Alice had heard her say something when discussing the past. "How about you, Alice? What was your life before turning?"

Alice softly smiles, "I wouldn't know. I only woke up with no recollection of my memories. It all worked out when I met my best friend, Jasper, then we worked together to find Carlisle and the rest. We were the last to join."

". . . last to join."

Coraline Dune realized the last minute that she'd be meeting new people besides familiars. It was why she slowed down when her car tires met with soil. To control herself to behave, knowing Leigh would be a tad disappointed if she acts so hostile all the time to people she's yet to even know. Still, she could hear a conversation between her adoptive mother and a sweet voice she felt comfortable around to overhear.

The vehicle she purchased only recently slowly parks into the driveway, just behind Aspen's car that her family took instead of Caspian's that was left back in their unoccupied home in Seattle. Their stay is only temporary, both Forks and Seattle. They only heard of help when Carlisle discovers they were nearer than he imagined.

As she steps out of her car, the front door of the home she walks towards to opens with a click. "Stumbled into trouble?" Everleigh questions knowingly, seeing her daughter's attire worn yet looked marvellous on her perfectly. The way the leather engulfed her arms and body, slim legs covered with jeans and ripped that was made by Casey a few hours ago because of a fight. Still, it seemed like a design.

"Nothing I can't take care of." Coraline says assuringly though her tone was dreadful, needing a break and a human to kill to quench her thirst even if she just fed. Eyes remain dark. But her eyes went past her mother, seeing a distinct and short figure walk down the steps graciously. "Where are Carlisle and the others? I don't believe I've heard either of their names mentioned inside."

"They are busy for the day." Instead of Everleigh, Alice Cullen had stepped into view with her hands eagerly behind her. Their eyes met, opposites but felt familiars into the comfort of sensibility. "So are the rest, they'll be coming home later tonight."

     "Coraline, this is Alice. She and Jasper were the last to join Carlisle's family, do you recall?"

     Coraline had accepted the last minute the information and shook Alice's anticipating hand between the doorway. "Yes, um. . . pleasure." To put it bluntly, Everleigh is highly and very attentive to details. Her eyes studies those of her daughter's then to Alice who couldn't glance away from Cora's. They seem to be stucked in a loop of thoughts.

     Alice felt Coraline's hand soften and wanted to return to her side, it slightly made her sad.

     "I think we're going to get along just fine, Cora."