The gentleman

"There are ones who hurt others to enjoy their pains.

Then there are ones who get hurt themselves, to see a smile on others lips.

The former may be more happy in life , but remember the latter are more content and without regrets.

As there happiness is not depend on others, but good deeds of one's own self"

- suzangill©

.....

"You don't need to be shy. It's fine."

The stranger says, worsening Ezra's heart's state.To only have her cover it up with a smile.

"Umm I am not shy. It's just...that I haven't been in a arrangement like this before."

"You mean on a date?"

She nods, looking around.

"Yaa, like an arranged kind of a date. Mom really wanted me to meet you , so..."

She trails, looking down at her hands. His next question making her look up at him in anxiousness.

"And what about you Ezra?"

She gives a nervous laugh. Gulping.

"Wh...what about me?"

"Did you wanted to meet me?"

Initially no, subsequently yes. Was the truthful answer. But she settled with a mere nod. Avoiding his gaze. Those aqua blue eyes were definitely something.

The way he sees her, she can feel his gaze penetrating down into her soul.

The waiter interrupts getting them a cup of coffee. And Ezra being too nervous with the stranger's fixated gaze on her , just chucked the liquid.

To curse!

Aghhh it was freaking hot! Her mouth burns and she could feel tears sting her eyes.

Sh**! Sh**! Sh**!

Pressing her lips in a thin line, she gulps the warm liquid. And it did worse, burning her throat more.
But she couldn't tell him. It was too damn embarressing.

But there was no need after all .

As the strangers realises it himself, his face gets morphed in worry. Seeing the innocent girl go silent suddenly ,those tears lining at the brim of her eyes, told him how much pain she was concealing.Picking up a glass of water, he rushes to her. Placing it on her lips.

" Here drink this!"

"It's... burning..."

"Shh it's fine. Drink this."

He places the brim of the glass on her lips and makes her drink it. The cold water soothing her pain immediately.

"Den! get me some ice cream and yogurt! Hurry up!"

He orders the stuff, to see them rushing inside .
Before she knows, her table was surrounded by waiters.

She felt awkward.

She never got so much attention before. Everyone was watching her with concern and she curses herself more.

Stupid Ezra!

Couldn't you drink it slowly! It was not a cold drink but burning coffee dammit!

"Here."

She sees him offering a spoon of ice cream. And one look at those blue orbs and she forgets everything.