𝘖𝘯𝘦 - 𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢

• • •

I'm going to kill Sloan

I'm going to kill Sloan. No one gets under my skin like that man does. Of course, I would never tell him that he would never let it go and would forever torment me.

Apparently, for murder, it's 25 years to life. The question is, would I give that up for him? No. It doesn't mean I wouldn't murder him, though. I guess I would have to hire a hit on him. I couldn't possibly ruin my nails. I've spent years growing them out and if mother ever noticed they weren't well kept, well, I would never hear the end of it.

Yet, staring at what was my presentation on the board, I'm reminded of why I hate that man. Stupid ship-boy.

The classroom is covered in various designs. It has pencils and fabric scattered around. Pincushions and measuring tapes line the back. Multiple mannequins are in each corner containing designs from other students. Standing in front of the rest of my classmates, I should be telling them about my latest design. I don't know how he has done it, but he has changed my digital sketches and now I have to run with it. Or I'll look like a fool.

What was a gorgeous navy blue one-shoulder dress was now black and yellow striped with the words 'Queen Bitch' on the front. My class knows as well as I do I would never wear such a thing and he knows that. That is why he has done it after all.

I try to keep my cool as Mrs Buckle raises her eyebrows in surprise at my design. She's a curvy woman in her early 50'swith bright green eyes. Her greying hair is pinned up in a bun on the top of her head. I have never had any problems with her and her name is quite fitting, seeing as she teaches fashion design.

"My idea behind this design is that of nature." I swallow and lock eyes with those that are the colour of gingerbread. He's leaning against the door frame, his right leg over his left with his arms crossed. He's covering his smile with his hand. I hate it. I narrow my eyes towards him and he smirks, dropping his hand to rub his chin.

Mrs Buckle notices Sloan and smiles to herself. She knows he has tampered with my work before. I clear my throat and rack my brains for something else to say to convince everyone that I designed it.

"In fashion, I feel like we could learn from a honeybee. Not only do they extract life from flowers and use that to make their essence." I explain, locking eyes with ship-boy again. His expression is blank, and he knows I am somehow going to talk my way out of this one.

Too bad the damage is already done. I will come for him.

"They also don't need the opinion of others. After all, they are the queen. There is no king" His jaw clenches and his eyes darken. This has nothing to do with the designs but everything to do with us. Delete that. There is no us. Everything has to do with our resentment towards each other.