𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘

[𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒]

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋, 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍
drove Brooklyn and I straight home. He'd told me that he and Brooklyn were racially profiled at Tiffany's. I was beyond mad when I heard this, the bitch at the store really tried to treat my sister and London like they were thugs about to shank her!

I wanted to confront the hoe, since she wanted to treat London and Brooklyn like they were hoodlums, I would show her what a hoodlum was. Lucky for her, London calmed me down.

On the day of Mom's birthday Dad made her her favorite breakfast, fluffy pancakes with strawberries on the side and a Mamosa to wash it down. Dad, Brooke, London, and I all gave Mom her gifts in the kitchen before she would leave for a spa day.

London gave Mom her gift first, which was a card with money that Mom said she couldn't except and a book she'd been raving about that was signed by the author. London earned a big hug and kiss on the cheek for that.

Brooke bought Mom a micro luggage CELINE that was some shade of light blue. (Maybe Mom'll give me her black one)

I finally gifted Mom with the Cartier watch, I showed her the one I bought for myself as well.

"Look, we can match." I showed her my wrist.

Dad had gifted her with the charm bracket version of her wedding ring, which was a morganite pear. The small pear-shaped gemstones were embedded all around the bracelet. Let's just say, Mom started crying tears of joy. I loved seeing her happy.

When she left we were headed to the venue to help Dad with some last minute things. Brooke and I had gotten our hair done the day before so we protected our hair with scarves and bonnets, keeping the hood of our tracksuit sweater over our heads too.

The cover story for the party was that we'd all be going out to eat for Mom's birthday after her spa day, London, Brooke and I would be at the party greeting family and friends while Dad was with Mom.

When we arrived at the venue Brooke, London and I went to the reserved suite to hand up our party clothes which were in protected in the garment bag.

I put out my makeup bag and curling iron on the vanity, Brooke did the same with her flat iron and left quickly after.

"London, you want me to do makeup again?" I teased.

"No," he answered bluntly. "Paris, are you wearing thongs?"

"Huh, oh yeah." I smiled, pleased with how I looked. "I was going for 2000's look for today while setting up. I keep forgetting that it's supposed to feel like I have a wedgie." I chuckled a little while saying that. I had to make sure Dad wouldn't see me.

"Paris?"

"London."

"Don't ever change."

"Why, because you love me so much?" I joked.

"No, it's just that if you do change, you most likely won't be able to make me laugh anymore."

"Oh, well, okay!"

London and I headed downstairs to the venue and approached Dad so he could give us orders, he had his phone to his ear so we waited.

"'Kay, hold on, I'm going to send them out," Dad said to the person on the other side. "The twins are here, go help Cameron with his DJ equipment. Introduce them to London too."

I took London's hand and pulled him out. I was excited to see the Twins, Cameron and Jaylen, again. The last time I'd seen them was at my sweet sixteen.

"Jay-Jay, Cam!" I squealed and threw my arms around them. Even though they were identical, it didn't take rocket science to tell them apart since Jaylen had the sleeve of tattoos on his right arm.

I introduced my cousins to London, Cameron asked London what his relation was to me.

"Oh, he's staying with my family," I replied. I couldn't help but add one little joke. "He's my charity case." I smiled and wrapped an arm around him.

London, being the laid-back person that he was, added to the joke. "Yes, my mother's in a mental institution and my father's a crackhead. The Havens have been really good to me."

"Oh," was Cameron's response.

"Oh wow," was Jaylen's.

The conversation ended there.