𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘

Chenle stormed down the hallway, annoyed by the conversation he just had with his friends. He felt bothered by his outburst towards Minju, but she was pushing his buttons. In his mind he thought she deserved it. 

The Chinese wasn't paying attention to his surroundings as he almost bumped into someone. The person held their hands out, stopping Chenle from completely knocking them over. "Whoa, Chenle. Slow down before you kill someone."

Chenle looked down at Nari, clearly not very impressed with the girl's attempt at a joke. "Okay, damn." Nari spoke, taking a careful step away from the boy.

"Sorry..." He mumbled. 

"What's wrong? It's barely 8am, I'm sure it can't be Mrs. Nam." Nari teased, but her smile quickly fell as Chenle heaved a heavy sigh.

"I didn't mean to be rude, I'm just seriously pissed at Minju right now." He explained, running a hand through his dark hair.

Both of Nari's eyebrows slightly raised in shock. She definitely didn't expect him to say that, especially considering it was Minju he was talking about. "What happened?"

"She's just being really persistent with me dating this girl. I don't even know if I want to be dating right now." Chenle confessed. 

Nari slowly nodded her head, understanding his feelings. "Well, maybe you should just tell her that you're not ready. I'm sure she'll understand. You are her best friend, afterall."

"Maybe... You know what? You're right and she has to understand." 

Nari hummed in agreement as a smile crept across her face. She noticed the way Chenle still seemed like his mind was clouded with doubts.  "Who is this girl even?"

The boy glanced at her, suddenly becoming shy. "Uhm, you remember that girl from class? Eun Ae?"

"Oh yes! It's her?!" Chenle pressed his finger to his lips and Nari immediately quitened down. "So, you like her or no?"

"I... don't know. She's cute and really nice. We've been texting a lot, too. She's quite the character." Chenle smiled as he spoke about the girl. Nari listened intently, eyeing him with a knowing look.

However, she chose to keep quiet, hopeful that he'll figure his feelings out on his own. "Crazy to think all this happened and I missed it all!"

"Yeah... come to think of it. Where have you been the last few weeks." Chenle questioned, dragging Nari along with him.

"I've been here. Just been reading in the library. It's actually really therapeutic, you know? No drama, no nothing. Just peace and quiet."

Chenle chuckled,  "Why do you make it seem like you don't like being around us?" 

Nari went silent at his question. Even though he meant it as a joke, she couldn't help the way her mind worked. "Maybe because I don't."

"Wait...what?" Chenle questioned, face contorted in confusion.

"I love you, you've been nothing but kind to me since I came here, but if I'm being honest... There's only been drama upon drama when I'm friends with you guys. "

"Nari-"

"No, I know. I made my own decisions and I'm aware that my actions have consequences." She paused, brushing her hair out of her face. Chenle's eyes flickered from hers to behind her, just in time to see four boys he knew all too well, walk right by them.

Nari turned her head, watching them walk past them, a tired sigh leaving her lips. "And I definitely got what I deserved."

"You didn't deserve any of that. You were nothing but a good friend to everyone. I'm really sorry." Chenle rested his hand on the shorter girl's shoulder, hoping to bring her some comfort.

Nari shrugged, "What's done is done. It's all in the past, but at least Renjun did what I asked of him."

Chenle took the opportunity to wrap his arms around her, giving her a tight hug before pulling away. "You're the sweetest girl. Don't let stupid people hurt you."

Nari let out a airy laugh, thankful for Chenle's attempt at comforting her. "Thank you, Chenle."

"No problem, as long as it means we're still friends? I like you too much to not be friends. Who else would go on impulsive late night dates to buy fries with me?"

"We'll always be friends, don't worry. You can always call or message me, I'm always down for doing random stuff with you." Nari said. She definitely cherished her friendship with Chenle, especially when he seemed to be her only friend left.

Chenle held out his pinky, making Nari giggle. She looped her pinky around his, sealing their pinky promise. "You're ridiculous."

"Hey! I'll have you know that I take pinky promises very seriously. So, don't go breaking it, okay?" The Chinese warned, narrowing his eyes.

"I won't." Nari responded, smiling widely at Chenle.

everyone, stay safe and drink lots of water!! i'll try to update as much as possible

everyone, stay safe and drink lots of water!! i'll try to update as much as possible. and please check out my winwin book if you want <3