Chapter thirty nine - A Ring

~Lives POV 

My eyes opened , blinking as I adjusted to the light. Tom stumbled back. I landed on the cold, wet floor of the sewage tunnel. 

"Where are we?" I gazed around at the engravings on the walls. Serpents. 

"The chamber of secrets, created by-" 

"Salazar Slytherin when Hogwarts castle was first built" He stared blankly at me as I patted down my skirt. 

"I read Hogwarts a history, thought it would help me navigate around the school, well, you see how that went" I flicked my wrist upwards and my wand flew out of his robe pocket into my hand. I moved my wand and pointed it at his neck.

 He shut his eyes. "Live" he spoke softly, he wasn't pleading or flustered. 

"You lied to me" I said 

"I know I did"

 "your a liar" 

"and your a murderer, what's new" He opened his eyes and stared down at me.

"Put the wand down, your not going to kill me Live"

"No, not yet anyways" 

He gulped looking down at me. He was scared now, but contempt of not showing it. "Can we talk?" 

"What is there to talk about Tom, you kidnapped me and dragged me under the castle into your little sewage play house, and for what? Oh yeah to confront me about a murder of a girl your didn't even like"

 "Live, you were there, I told you I'd thank the person," 

"fine way of thanking me, Tom" he was testing my patience, my tone was becoming more fierce. There was silence in the chamber. Then he let out a sigh. "Why?" 

"Why what?" 

"Why dose it matter to you?" 

"You shouldn't have killed her. She was useful to me"

"in what way could she be useful to alive than dead."

He sighed again. "Well since only one of us will leave this room then I might as well let the cat out of the bag, your a smart girl, I'm sure you've heard of horcruxes." I nodded not speaking a word, I just listened. "Well you see I want to become the greatest sorcerer in the world, but if I wanted to come somewhat close to the wizardry performed by our dear professors I needed time. And time is not infinite, however once I made my first horcrux then I would be immortal and free to do whatever I chose." 

"Didn't I say that I knew what a horcrux was, well If you didn't already infer the fact that I also know that is makes you immortal. Now please get to your point, I'm starting to get bored". 

He scoffed,"Walburga was going to be my first horcrux sacrifice. I haven't chosen what my artefact will be, I just knew that I wanted to be the one to finish her" 

I looked him dead in the eyes, this time I sighed. "Your telling me your grand plan was to split your sole in half by killing another prefect, and then your going to place your sole, in a something? So you kidnap me, a much more powerful witch, to tell me off for squashing the bug first." He looked down at his feet ashamed, but I tiled his chin up with my wand again. "I don't know what to be more appalled at, the fact you went out off your way to kidnap me out of spite or the fact that you have a whole god damn monster at your disposal in this chamber of yours and not once did you think that you could use that as a killing method." 

"You don't understand" he stammered trying to justify his actions.

"The monster, it only responds to parcel tongue and I don't know what words I should use to summon it. You see it's a basilisk I can't-"