16. Being a Kid again

3 hours of playing later
2:32 pm

Matteo was sitting at a small coloring table with Lila, they both had become friends after Lila finally got Matteo to play with her and Cooper. Cooper was more to himself while he did his own thing, but Matteo thought he was cool. Now Lila to him she reminded him of Grace back in Sokovia, she is full of light and happiness. So her and Matteo both Clicked after they played many games outside.

Matteo was confused on the whole 'coloring' idea but as soon as Lila taught him how to be creative Matteo just went to town on drawing and coloring. The little Maximoff didn't remember coloring or arts in crafts but it seemed familiar to him. As he was drawing stick figures of a blue, red, and yellow people he smiled before he looked down at it. Lila looked over from drawing a butterfly. "Mattie who are those people you drew?" She asked as she looked at him with a curious look. Matteo looked down at his drawing again before he smiled, he then started to point out the figures he drew. "This blue one is my older b-bro-broth- Bubby! This red one is my older S-Sis-sist-Sissy! And this gold oh- well y-yewo one is me!" He said as he looked at Lila with a smile. Lila giggled at Matteo a bit "I think you mean Brother, sister and Yellow! Not yewo!" She said to correct him.

Matteo felt his face burn up from embarrassment, he then grabbed a black crayon and started to try to write names on his paper. "S-sorry.. I'm still not good on my E-English." He said sadly before he tried write. Lila felt a bit bad for him, she then watched as he tried to write. She was a bit confused before she stopped him "hey what are you trying to write? Maybe I can help you so you don't mess up!" She said before she gave Matteo a smile. Matteo looked at her before he then beamed up with joy "please?.. I want to give this to my Bubba and Sissy when I see them again." He said with a little smile. "Yeah here let me help!" She said as she got up and walked over to try to help Matteo write down names.

Laura and Nat watched then from the dinning table, they both stopped their talking when Matteo brought up his brother and sister. As they listened in on them they both looked at each other with sad smiles. "He still wants to give them drawings after what they put them through." Laura said with a hit of sadness in her voice. Nat sighed before she watched as Matteo and Lila now started to now draw different other things. "Yeah. I feel bad for him. After everything his Brother and Sister put him through he still loves them and wants to be with them regardless." Nat said as she then looked down at the coffee in her mug.

Laura put a hand on Nat's before she gave her a reassuring squeeze. "Well every family has their ups and downs. And right now Matteo's is going through a big down. And you and the others are here to help him up. Just like Lila, even though she may not No she is helping him. When she is by having him be a kid again." She said before she then looked over back at the 2 kids that where now talking and drawing. Nat smiled a bit before she looked back at them "yeah I guess your right." She said before they just watched the kids be kids.

As Matteo started to finish up on his drawing of Black Widow he smiled before he looked outside again. Lila looked up and noticed Matteo looking outside, she then looked outside to see Steve cutting up wood. "You scared of Steve still?" She asked as she put down her crayon. Matteo looked at her before he nodded a bit "yeah..Even though he d-didn't mean to hurt me..he did..h-he still scares me..but I'm t-twying to talk to him..but I can't.." he said sadly before he looked down at his drawing and decided to color the background.

Lila watched him color his drawing of her auntie, she then had an idea. "Hey! You should draw a picture for Steve! Then that could help you build up your talking!" She said happily as she then grabbed another sheet of paper for Matteo. "W-what?" He looked at her shocked before Lila put the paper infront of him. "Yeah! He will love it! Everyone loves pictures!" She said before she grabbed another sheet of paper for her. Matteo looked down at the blank paper before he looked back outside at Steve. He then watched as Lila started to draw another butterfly "ok I will draw t-the best p-p-pic-(picture!)" he said excitedly. Lila smiled at him, she knew what he said by the why he was trying to say picture in English. Matteo then went to town on drawing Steve with his red white and blue shield with the classic white star.