Tunnel Vision

"Crawl inside this body- find me where I am most ruined, love me there" -Rune Lazuli

Paris appeared at my door at exactly eleven p.m that night, despite us having agreed on midnight. I opened the door a creak, peaking out suspiciously. My shadows had informed me that it was Paris, of course, but I was still suspicious on why he was here. He did not need to see me in this state. We had a set regime. I told him twelve because I would be ready at twelve. Not now.

"Oh...hello, Paris" I drawled out slowly, unsure what to make of his unexpected visit as I stared at him awkwardly. What was he doing here so early?

"Can I come in?" Paris asked me, leaning on my door frame and trying to peak in. I pushed the door closer, narrowing the opening even further. He had no business to see what was going on in my room, thank you very much.

"No?" I said, trying to keep him from looking into my dorm. His green eyes narrowed as he stared at me in suspicion. I cowered behind my door, trying to block myself from view. My stomach somersaulted on itself nervously, my stomach absorbed in the greasy feeling of anxiety.
"Why? Are you indecent or something?" He asked, his brows furrowed as he tried to find out what I was hiding in my room. My hands were white from the death grip I was clinging to the door with.

"Or something..." I joked nervously, trying to distract him from our main topic of conversation.

His brows only furrowed further, "What?"

I grabbed the bridge  of my nose in irritation, shaking my head. Why could this boy never mind his bloody business? Or my bloody business, in this case. I snapped my eyes open, sighing impatiently at Paris, before swinging the door open.

Revealing my demeanor, I grit out angrily, "If you're asking about whether or not I have pants on, then yes, I'm decent. If you're asking about my morals, then no, I am not decent, Paris Arobynn" I snapped at him.

Paris' eyes widened at the sight of me, covered in head to toe in vermillion blood. Demon blood, to be exact. I popped my hip out, resting my hand on my waist, allowing him to take in the sight of me. I lifted an eyebrow, daring him to say anything about it. Paris gawked at me, eyeing me from head to toe. I was drenched in the sticky, red substance, save for my face.

"Well?" I asked him, waiting for his criticism on my current situation. I'm sure he had lots to say about it and my evil, sadistic ways. He was probably already recalling the lecture he had composed about my tainted morals.

"Uhm. The blood really brings out your eyes..?" Paris said instead, as if confused by what I expected him to say. My eyes narrowed at him suspiciously, but when I realized he was serious, the corners of my lips twitched. I couldn't help the smile that climbed my cheeks as I snorted, dropping my head back. I told myself I was laughing from the absurdity of his statement, and not from the compliment itself.

"Come on in then, Paris Arobynn" I mocked him, "You've gone ahead and managed to seduce your way into my evil lair. Who knew the darling Heir of Light had such extensive skills?"

Paris blinked at me, observing me with a strange look on his face. Something akin to shock, his eyes bright and face rosy. I quickly stopped smiling, and moved to the side to let him in. The act was entirely deliberate, allowing me to hide behind my heavy, wooden door as he entered, obstructing his view of me. It was making me antsy. I did not want to see that.

"Well, last time I checked" Paris began, walking into my room and turning around to look at me, "You knew perfectly well how extensive my skills are—" Paris commented cheekily. I gasped at him, before flinging a pillow at his face and shutting him up promptly. I quickly changed the subject, storming further into my room and as far away from him as possible.