12. A Party with the Princess

Espresso's POV
Princess took me to a small table on the other side of the dinning room. I turn my head and watch Knight holding Madeleine's wrist as he dragged him to a different room. Madeleine and I made eye contact when he left. Madeleine's eyes seemed sad. Clingy, even. Not like I cared... right?

"Ok," Princess smiled as she poured some tea into a small tea cup handing it to me. She had a sweet curious smile on her face. "One or two sugar cubes for you?" she asked. She held a sugar cube container along with a small pair of tongs to lift them.

I scoff and shake my head, "None, thank you..." I take the tea cup and blow on it drinking it carefully. "I'm not a fan of sugary drinks."

Princess smiled and dropped two sugar cubes into her cup. She glanced up at me and giggled, "How was Madeleine's room?~"

I spit out my tea and choke. I take a napkin and dry off everything I spat on, "W-What?! I uh... i-it was messy, I suppose-"

"Was he warm?" she asked.

I blush wondering how my cheeks haven't burnt off at all yet from blushing this much. "How did you..." I shake my head and quietly groan, "Y-yeah, he was pretty warm... and soft..."

Princess laughed snapping her fingers, "You two are the cutest together!" she smiled as she slipped on her green tea and tapped her foot on the floor a few times.

I mutter, "No, we are not..."

"Yes you are," she muttered back. "Knight has had a crush on me before, I know what boys acts like when they're attracted to someone." she started to whisper leaning closer to me from across the table. "Watch this," she smirked. Princess took my hand running, taking me to the room Knight and Madeleine went in earlier.

She tip toes past a wall and pointed to a large LARGE window. "Look," she whispered. I stared inside seeing Madeleine and Knight sword fighting the air.

I couldn't take my eyes off of Madeleine. The way his hair, out, swung as he moved. I wanted to lay on him so bad. Was it weird that that's what I wanted? I hope not. He's just-

"Soooo hot. And dreamy," Princess smiled, "I want to braid his hair and kiss his neck over and over and over and ov-"

"What are you doing." I whisper angrily.

Princess smirked and pointed, "Finishing your thoughts," she winked and then took the finger pointed at me and rested it on the top of her head, "I have a good talent of reading love struck people's minds."

I let out a shaky breath. At first, I didn't believe her. But, then again... she was right. I did want to play with his hair and kiss his neck. Was she a psychic princess? Maybe. I don't know.

As Princess and I watched Madeleine and Knight, she kept pointing out things I did. "You're blushing." "Still looking at Madeleine?" "Knew you were in love. Your eyes got all big and puppy-like." "Did I mention you were blushing?"

I sighed crossing my arms. "Ok," I admit, "I might have a tiny... little... kind of huge crush on him, b-but it won't matter!" I sit on the ground with my knees hugged up to my chest. "I'm going to be going home soon. To the village. I won't see Madeleine again..."

Princess smiled shaking her head, "Espresso you made it!" she told me. Suddenly, she didn't sound so annoying and ship starved. "I want you to be the one to dance with Madeline at the ball! Not just because you two are so god dang adorable together, but because you're actually incredibly good at dancing!" she handed me a slip of paper smiling.

I stared at it. It was a ticket to the ball. "I-"

"Unfortunately, in words of my mother, I cannot let anyone in without a ticket." she stared at me and smiled, "That's a free one! We'll also having dancing practices a few times this week and next week before the dance." she smile and stood up.

Looking back at Madeleine, I smiled. "Thanks, Princess..." I whisper.

She nodded and chuckled, "Of course. Just ask me if you need any advice," Princess pointed to Madeleine with her thumb smiling, "Knight may be Madeleine's good friend, but I know so much things about Madeleine no one else does. If you ever need me, I'll be here." she winked.

Without allowing me to reply, Princess walked away from the room leaving me watching and studying Madeleine's every moves. Suddenly, he glares at the glass. At me! He smiles a sweet smile. A smile that dug a hole through my heart just to fill it up again. A smile that made me smile. A smile that made me realize... yeah... I think that I am in love~