Chapter 1- Backstory

I've gotten a lot of questions throughout my seventeen years of existing; Can you airbend? What's stormbending? Do you consider yourself an airbender? What's it like being the granddaughter of Avatar Aang? Why were you framed? Why do you not dress like an air nomad? Well let me start from the beginning.

I was born to Avatar Aang's only airbending child, Tenzin, and Pema daugher of Ty Lee. When my mother was pregnant with me, she was very ill. Not like pregnant ill, like ill ill. She told me I was the most difficult pregnancy out of all my siblings, Meelo second. Go Figures.

Did I forget to mention my mother was 19 when she had me, yeah, I know, my fathers a cradle-robber. Just kidding, love is love, I guess.

When I was born my parents decided to name me Fara, which meant lovely and pleasant.

At the age of three, I started to show my bending abilities. My father was so happy to see that I could airbend, but I didn't just bend air. I controlled the weather in the palm of my hands and my surroundings.

My father was fascinated by this, he had heard about this type of bending before but it hadn't been gifted to anyone since the dawn of time.

I was a stormbender. At my age I didn't understand what a stormbender was, since it wasn't common at all, but my father had told me a story.

It all started with energy bending. The first was an energybender from an ancient era before the bending of the elements existed. Constantly experimenting, this master learned to bend the energy beyond the body to affect the weather around him.

It was wild and powerful, causing storms, hence the name it was given by its creator. The First taught any master who was capable of how to stormbend. Unfortunately, stormbenders were master energybenders who often learned how to keep their lives going past the norm and so seemed immortal with these new powers.

The Stormbenders were incredibly powerful. All stormbenders were master energybenders, and somehow learned to attain immortality.

When my dad told me stories about storm bending, I would often get confused because I wasn't born an energybender, I was born a stormbender. In the stories it was the complete opposite, you had to be a master of energybending to be able to stormbend. I'm only three.

My father would train with me when I was a kid, but to be honest, I was a pretty advanced learner, I could mimic the precise combat and make it into my own, pretty quickly.

For the past seven years of my life, it was just my parents and I, until my mother got pregnant with my sister, Jinora. Yeah, they had a name picked out and everything.

When my father found out Jinora was an airbender, he was exceedly grateful. Finally, a full airbender who could carry on the cycle because with me it was angsty.

After a few years, I was starting to get sick of this. Three siblings, all airbenders, barf. Like okay mom and dad, it's enough.

I would usually get left out in their training sessions. My father always told me it was because I was already advanced and didn't need it.

It's not like they left me out of everyday activities, but when it came to training, it was mainly focused on my siblings.

I didn't care of course, isn't that what everyone says? They don't care but they actually do. But no seriously, I didn't care.

My father was right, I was a fast learner. And I was a more independent person, I was so much older and wiser than my siblings. Which made me my father's favorite. He doesn't say that, but he knows I am.