Chapter V

It had been a week since my first day back to super heroic life and let me tell you that things are pretty calm in these parts. As there were no meta-human attacks or threats, the rest of the Flash team and I ended up focusing more of our attention and energy on training.

But what worried me was not my physical capacity, because physically I was ready for a confrontation, but my mental capacity. Every day I wake up and try to stay positive and tell myself that I can do this job but once the day is over and I see that there has been no clashes, it feels like a giant weight has lifted off my shoulders.

But it's in my moments of intense doubt that I think about what Caitlin told me that day and it seems to lighten my mind. Knowing that she is willing to help me not go back to that "lonely hole" leaves me feeling more rested and with a small sense of emotional security.

However, what I still didn't know was that today was not going to be like the others, as today was the day that my first meta-human attack, after the "isolation" happened. After a calm morning, as soon as we arrived at STAR Labs after lunch, we saw that Cisco's computer was giving an alert.

- Looks like we have our first case.- Cisco said emotionally.

To say I was nervous was to say little, as I just needed to start sweating. It seems Caitlin noticed my behavior, as she said she was going with me to where the confrontation was to take place. On the one hand I'm glad to know she's going with me, because I know that if my fears want to overwhelm me, she'll know how to help me, but on the other hand I know if she can be in danger. That's why protecting her is one of my main missions.

After putting on my superhero suit which had undergone a few minor modifications since I last wore it, Caitlin and I headed to the threat spot at the Central City mall. Our first task was to make sure all the people got out of the mall safely and after that happened, Caitlin went to close off all entrances and exits from this place, while I went to see if I could find the meta-human.

And I found him on the third floor inside one of the most expensive jewelry stores in this mall, but he wasn't alone inside. After analyzing the situation, I realized that the manager and a jeweler's employee were inside the store with the meta-human, which complicated the situation a lot.

- What if I can't do it? - I thought to myself, but it seems that I thought aloud, as I quickly received a response from Caitlin, through my intercom.

- You can do it, Barry. I believe in you and in your abilities. You just have to put your fears aside and trust yourself.

- And if the past happens again....

- Remember what I promised you on our first day?

- Yes, you promised that it wouldn't happen again... That you wouldn't let that happen.

"So do you trust me?" Caitlin asked over the intercom.

- Of course I trust you, Caitlin.

- So take a deep breath and trust me when I tell you that you can overcome this obstacle.

I followed Caitlin's advice and after taking a few deep breaths, I walked inside the store and approached the meta-human, who was just a teenager. Our confrontation has started and despite being a little rusty, I think things are going well for me.

However, what I still didn't know was that this teenager's powers were far from simple, but rather complex. At first glance, it was just thought that it fired rays, however its rays not only hurt a person, they can absorb energy and power from the person they hit. That is, every time I was attacked, a part of my energy and power was retained in the rays that were thrown at me.

In all my years as a superhero I had never come across a power like this, so to say I was even more scared than before was an understatement. However I wasn't going to let my fears jeopardize the safety of the people being held hostage in their own workplace and I was going to fight this meta-human until my strength ran out.

After being hit a few times, I remained on the ground trying to regain my strength. But as soon as the meta-human saw that I was out of strength, he turned his attention to the manager and his employee. But before he could hurt anyone, I got in front of the two people, ending up taking me with the thunderbolt that was meant for those two people.

But just when I thought things were getting pretty ugly for us, a salvation arrived and in the form of Caitlin Snow, or rather, a kind of clone of her but whiter. After firing what appeared to be a series of ice balls at the teenager, she knelt beside me and just smiled.

- Looks like I arrived right on time.