Chapter 1

Catalia's POV:

"CATALIA!!!" someone shouted and jumped on my bed. "Lia! Wake up! Wake up! It's today's a special day!!!" She said while shaking me awake.

"Liza please let me sleep, it's Saturday". I said then pushed her off my bed which caused her to fall with a faint 'oomph' from her and pulled the  blanket over my head.

" Come on! Get up! Nana's making our all-time favorite chocolate chip pancakes for your 16th birthday today!!!" She said excitedly. And tried to pull the blanket away from me.

And as if on cue, I started to smell the delicious aroma of Nana's chocolate chip pancake.

" Ok ok I'm awake. I'll just clean myself up, then I'll be down. " I said and got out from bed. "Good Morning Liza!" I said and hugged her really tight then kissed her cheek.

"Aww Happy Birthday my sweet baby sister". She hugged me back and kissed my cheek.
"Alright go clean yourself up for breakfast then we'll be going to the Bakery later. " She said then pushed me to the bathroom and walked out of my room and shut the door.

If your asking if she is my real sister or not, well the answer is no. Her family adopted me when I was a baby and we practically grew up together, she was 3 years older than me, that's why she calls me baby sister.

Nana told me the real reason behind why I was adopted. Nana found me at her door step when she was still working as a nurse in Italy. She was about to go to work when she saw a sleeping baby me on her door step. When Nana picked me up from the basket she saw that there was a letter telling her to take care of me and name me Catalia.

Nana told Papa Roberto ( Liza's Dad ) about me and asked if they can adopt me, as the Del Campo Family has always wanted another baby girl but it was already to risky for Mama Valentine to have another pregnancy. She have already been considering adoption and when they heard about me they immediately did the paperwork for them to adopt me legally.

16 years ago today was the day that Nana Rosie found me on her door step, so they decided that it would be officially my birthday.

After freshening up, I brushed my straight black hair until it was presentable then went down stairs.

When I got down stairs I immediately went to the kitchen and found Nana and Liza waiting for me at the table.

"Good Morning, Happy Birthday Sweetheart!" Nana said when she saw me and hugged and kissed me on the cheek. "My sweetheart is already 16, time really go by so fast." she said and getting teary eyed.

" Aww Nana" I said and hugged her really tight. " Even if I'm already 16, I'm still going to allow you to treat me like a baby".  I said and wiped the years away from her eyes.

" Alright enough crying! It's Lia's special day, she should be happy not sad Nana." Liza said while giggling and approaching us.

"Oh alright! Let's eat I made my famous Chocolate chip pancakes for the both of you." She said and made us sit down.

After eating me and Liza did the dishes. She washed it and I dried it.

When we got to the living room we saw Nana holding something in her hands.

"Hey Nana! What are you holding?" I asked as we sat down beside her.

" Oh! Well this is a small birthday gift from me, Liza, and your Mama and Papa." She said and gave me the box.

When I opened it, inside was a beautiful watch and a bracelet that perfectly complimented each other. It was simple and elegant at the same time. They really knew that I would prefer simpler things that extravagant ones.

"And before you say anything, no it didn't cost alot of money

"And before you say anything, no it didn't cost alot of money. You see in the Del Campo Family once a family member turns 16 the grandparents will always gift a watch to the celebrant. It's been a tradition in the family." Nana said before I could even say anything.

" And the bracelet has been with Mama since we were little. She always had these two bracelets for her 2 daughters. She gave mine when I also turned 16."  Liza said and showed me the exact same bracelet that she was wearing on her left wrist. "These are custom made so it means there are only two of these in the whole world. Your's and Mine". She said while holding my hand.

"Now let's get ready shall we? We're off to the bakery, cuz Mr. Von asked me to bring you there today. Said he had something to give you. " Liza said and pulled me to my room and asked me to get ready.

'Today's gonna be a long day ahead.'  I told myself and went inside the bathroom to get ready.

*****
First chapter done, feel free to type your comments or suggestions. I'm sorry if this is a short chapter but I'll try to make the next few chapters a little longer.

Thank you for reading, see you in chapter 2.