Beginning of the Scenarios pt. 1

allo me friendos!

merry fucking christmas!

of course, i celebrate hanukkah, but whatever

merry christmukkah! chag sameach!

anyways, i promised an omake. i didn't deliver. allow me to make up for it with the chapter where the scenarios will finally begin!

this is gonna be fucking long

{ALERT! OOC CALE! IT'S SLIGHTLY AWKWARD BUT PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Vrooooosh'

Kim Dokja looked up at the airplane passing over his head and withheld a sigh before fiddling nervously with his smartphone in his hands.

Like he had done every single afternoon for the past year, he silently headed into the subway to go home.

His feet scuffed the ground a bit as he walked down the steps into the station entrance. It was like a tradition; every day, he would get off work and hop onto the 6:30 train on line 3, then he would read the daily episode from 'Three Ways to Survive the Apocalypse' and think about how to spend the rest of his evening.

Dokja was a lone man, as indicated by his name 'only child/alone.'

Of course, Dokja preferred the 'reader' interpretation of his name more.

But I digress; today was a special day for Mr. Dokja.

Today, 'Three Ways to Survive the Apocalypse' was ending. A web novel that Dokja had been following every day for the past ten years was releasing its last episode today.

The last one.

In complete honestly, Dokja wasn't ready mentally or emotionally for this in any manner.

In fact, he never would have guessed the novel was ending until a message from the author appeared on his phone last night.

Reader-nim,

My novel will be ending tomorrow and will become monetized at 7 pm. Thanks for reading, and please accept this gift from me. I hope it helps and good luck.

[attachment] tls123.zip

However, the file was corrupted when Dokja tried to open it. He wouldn't lie and say that he wasn't the slightest bit resentful, but then again, he had been the only reader of the novel for ten years. The author probably couldn't afford to give him much if they ever intended to in the first place.

Either way, as soon as Dokja got onto the subway and sat down, his finger hovered over the last chapter button of TWSA.

For 15 minutes, he stared at the wall across from him, wondering about what might happen in the last chapter. His hands trembled, and sweat began to gather on his palms.

Dokja had lived for TWSA for the past ten years. Forget what happened in the last chapter; what would happen to him?

Is he supposed to find another story to follow? He didn't want to. It felt wrong trying to replace TWSA, which had become a life-long journey for him.

Should he just kill himself? I mean, he didn't have much to live for. His contract with Minosoft would be ending soon, and he'd have to start at the bottom of another corporate ladder and-

"Dokja?"

In a noisy subway, I raised my head reflexively. A pair of curious eyes were staring straight at me. They belonged to an employee from the human resources team, Yoo Sangah.