Vol. Three Ch. One: Let the Fight, Begin!

~First Person~

Ack...Hopping off the Bullhead that usually drops me off after my internship with Vale PD and at this time? Its around midday but my body tells me its late night thanks to how horrible Vale is right. Seriously, outside of Amity Arena? People rob because they're still trying to get by after the Breach, gangs terrorizing people and what not for "defending" them. Especially downtown where the Breach actually happened.

Despite all this, I couldn't help but look off towards the water below and Vale as I thought to myself...Just how much has my life changed since I got here? Well, I still have Athena and my skills but, lifestyle wise? I sleep after eleven P.M., three meals a day instead of just when I'm able to, friends that I consider family to some like Port, Ozpin, Oobleck and even Goodwitch! But the biggest has been Weiss...I found myself staring a bit too much over the horizon before Athena chimed in over my earpiece.

"PILOT, ARE YOU OKAY? SENSORS ARE PICKING UP YOU ARE IN DISTRESS."

"Not distress, Athena...I guess you can call it content and peace. I know that there was the Breach, IMC still at large and what not but, honestly? That's what peace means to me. Fighting for what's right. Fighting for those that can't so that way, they won't have to. Feels pretty fucking good! But...lately I've been having weird dreams that I feel yet, can't really see..."

"IT IS LIKELY A SYMPTOM OF OVERWORKING YOURSELF, PILOT. I SUGGEST GETTING REST WHEN YOU CAN."

Yeah. When I can. Until then? I have to look all nice and presentable~!

"Athena! Reroute a waypoint towards CVFY's!"

"REROUTE SET. GOOD LUCK, PILOT."

~Third Person~

Amity Arena. Something similar to a Gladiator's colosseum yet, instead of just for fighting and entertainment, this had another purpose. To unify the people of Remnant so that, for a select time? They don't have to be Remnants. They can be much more.

And at the current moment? The stands were filled to the brim with onlookers who were cheering for the current fighters in the split half-ice shard, half-fire shard landscape with Team RWBY facing off against Team ABRN with the two teams taking a one-on-one approach to fighting their opponents. And from the looks of it? They were evenly matched.

"Ohoh! It seems we have another astonishing bout ahead of us! Wouldn't you agree, Professor?"

"A-Doctor-And yes, Peter! I think it's safe to say this match may be the closest we've seen of the four-on-four round of the tournament!"

"For those of you who aren't of the Dark Age, Team RWBY and ABRN will be giving us all a pleasant show~"

Entering the Sportscaster's room, was none other than (Y/N) who held a microphone of his own as he seemed more dapper than every. And by that, that meant his flight-suit was completely clean as his chest-plate was missing. Not to mention, he seemed more casual than usual as even he was clean.

"My word! It seems we have Beacon Academy's Pilot, (Y/N) joining us today!"

"That's right, Doctor. Ratings were starting to plummet so the big man in the clock-tower sent me down to say this ship from crashing in a fiery ball of flames~!"

This earned him a nice collective laugh from the crowd as he then sat down next to Port as the fight down below continued. At one point, (Y/N) even flashed the camera in the room a toothy grin as there was even a twinkle in his teeth.

"For those of you just now joining us, welcome to the Vytal Festival Tournament!"

Port exaggerated yet, possibly under played the grandness of the event by swinging his arm in front of him. (Y/N) following suit by continuing the gesture with a swing of his arm as he smiled brightly.