Execution Cannonball / The Duel

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

The two of us meet halfway with Azz and Clara to go to our exam.

We all enter the underground gym and find that the rest of the class has already arrived, along with Professor Kalego. Some of my classmates are excited, while others just want to get the match over with. Professor Kalego stops the chatter from the students with one stern word.

"Silence!" he yells out. "Let's go over the rules."

To summarize, the rules are exactly the same as normal dodgeball with one additional one. Any magic can only be used on the ball. Using magic aimed directly at other students is forbidden. This is a relief.

"Your ranks will be determined by which team wins and the ranks of the opponents you hit. I will now hand out armbands for Teams A and B. Team A is yellow, and Team B is red. Once you receive yours, take your place on the court."

Team A:

· Clara

· Iruma

· Elizabetta

· Jazz

· Sabnock

· Agares

· Rimuru

Team B:

· Asmodeus

· Allocer

· Lead

· Goemon

· Keroli

· Camui

· Purson

I immediately realize that Azz and myself have been put on separate teams, which he's not happy about at all.

"Hey! Why are we divided up like this!? Having Master Iruma and me on separate teams when we're friends is inconceivable!"

"You were split up to even out the power balance. No more objections. Line up!" Professor Kalego responds coldly, sounding fed up with Azz's 'attitude'.

"But...but..."Azz grits his teeth in irritation.

"Yay! I'm with Iruma-chi!" Clara chirps with excitement, skipping cheerfully to her spot. I also make my way to mine, waving at Azz as we separate.

"Let's both do our best!" I give Azz some encouraging words.

"Yes. You can count on me." Azz responds, giving me a thumbs-up.

...what does he mean by that?

Before I can question Azz's words too much, I'm interrupted by the professor.

"Now...commence execution cannonball!" Professor Kalego commands, signaling the start of the match. I activate 'Strengthen Body' once I hear this.

Despite the match having already started, Azz appears to be lost in thought. He's not giving his surroundings any attention, as far as I can tell. Team B starts with the ball, with Lead currently holding it. Everyone except for Azz and Keroli is huddled together whispering about something.