Chapter 22

I was laying around when I heard the door open. 

I saw Jack's figure and I felt surprised to see him. I was still wearing pajamas and stood up to look at him. We both stared at each other for a moment,  then I ran up to him. He wrapped me in his arms tightly and I closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of him near me again. I took in his scent and felt calm.

"Excuse me. Jack, can you help me?" I heard a girl ask. We pulled away from the hug and I looked to see who spoke, startled.

I saw a girl with blond hair cocking her hip. She was wearing a skirt and a crop top. I immediately disliked her.    

"Yeah, sure," Jack said as he went to help her grab her bags.

A surge of anger and confusion welled up inside of me.

"Y/N, this is my friend Megan (If your name is Megan then this is awkward). She's gonna stay with us for a little bit," he told me. I nodded but felt something weird from her.

She waved to me and smiled. I ignored her. I looked at Jack and his gaze lingered on me.

"C'mon, Jack, let's bring my stuff to a room," she squealed as she grabbed his hand and pulled him toward one of the guest rooms. I could tell she was intentionally interrupting us.

I stood there alone and wasn't sure what to think. It wasn't positive though. I went into the kitchen to grab something to eat, unsure what else to do.

I saw them reemerge and Jack announced that he was going to put away his stuff upstairs.

Megan wandered up to me and leaned against the counter, but I pretended she wasn't there.

"I'm loving the outfit. It's totally like 'lazy day' and 'I don't care' vibes," she said condescendingly. I glared at her momentarily before continuing what I was doing. She looked around to make sure Jack wasn't around and turned back to me.

"Look. I just want to make it clear that Jack is mine, okay?" she lowered her voice.

"Excuse me?" I challenged.

"I'm just warning you. Back off," she threatened.

I scoffed and glared at her. Jack came down into the kitchen and stole a chip from me, blissfully unaware of the tension.

Megan smiled at him and played with a strand of her hair.

"How are you, Love?" Jack asked me. I felt comforted hearing him call me that again.

"I, uh. I'm okay," I said uncomfortably.

"Ugh, ow," Megan interrupted as she clutched her shoulders.

"You good?" Jack asked. 

"No, my shoulders really hurt. Do you think you could help me, Jack?" she asked innocently.

"Uh, I guess...." he said uncomfortably as he walked over to her.

"Agh, you know, I should probably lay down while you do it," she said.

Jack stayed silent but she grabbed his arm and started dragging him to her room, looking over her shoulder to shoot me a glare.

I felt sick to my stomach and made my way into the bathroom. I kneeled on the floor and waited a couple of minutes for the feeling to stop. It didn't. I threw up and felt dizzy.

"Oh my god, hun. Are you puking?" Megan asked fakely after a minute, spawning at the bathroom door. 

I rolled my eyes, not in the mood.

"Fuck off!" I yelled.

"Alright, well I'm gonna go lay down. I'm sooo relaxed now. Jack is great with his fingers," she purred, bating me. I ignored her until she went away.