16. Russian

I walked towards the door and saw a man. He had blonde hair, clear blue eyes, and a sharp jaw line.
He also looked intimidating as fu-
When I saw Marshall about to hug him I stepped in and picked him up.
"Awww!" he shouted. "Momma I wanna hug Uncle Ivan!!" shouted Marshall as he squirmed in my arms.
"Behave," I whisper to him.

I looked at the mysterious man. Already I tensed up. "How can I help you?" I asked. "Not even a greeting from a beautiful lady?" he asked back.
His English was good so I didn't have to suspect it was Dimitri who had gotten plastic surgery.
"Uncle Ivan today is my birthday!" shouted Marshall in my arms. That's when I remembered what Chloe had told me the other day.

"I know little one," said who I'm now suspecting is Ivan with a small smile. "That's why I'm here to take you and your mother out for dinner," said Ivan. I looked at him. "I'm sorry but do I...know you?" I asked him as I slowly tok a step back. "Don't be afraid now Hazel. I'm not going to hurt you...or your son. I just want to have dinner with you," said Ivan. I reached out for the door handle. "Thank you but-" "Marshall, can you give your Mom and I some time please?" asked Ivan. Marshall quickly nodded and struggled out my arms before running off.

"So Hazel, I'm stunned you still don't know who I am," said Ivan.
"No- You are?" "He's my brother," said a voice behind me. I turned behind me to see Chloe. "Well more like half brother," said Chloe. "But you said you were an orphan," I stated almost getting angry that Chloe lied.
"I know but- Hazel, I know you're on the edge of kicking me out-" "Well hell I am?!" I shouted.
"Ivan is my half brother okay. Well one of them to say the least. We share the same Mom but not the same Dad. So after our Mom passed on, we were separated and-" "Chloe just cut to the chase!" I exclaimed.

"Okay, once I found out that you were missing from work. I contacted Ivan and since he's in the mafia-" "He's in the mafia?!" I shouted.
"Yes, and he was the one that helped get you and Marshall away from Dimitri. You see, umm, he kind of kidnapped Marshall and faked his death just so he can bring him back to me and we were about to kidnap you too but since Dimitri kicked you out-" "My job was made easier," said Ivan behind me. My head started to hurt. This was too much information for me to process.

"Ivan was also the one to keep us safe from any of Dimitri's men by getting guards to stay by the nearby apartments," said Chloe. I looked at her. "I-" I thought of what I was going to say. "Fine, I believe you. But all that stuff about you being an orphan, is it true or just a cover up story?" I asked.
"No, I truly am an orphan. It's just that after my Mom passed on I was sent to an orphanage and Ivan was sent to his father's house," said Chloe. I nodded my head and turned back to Ivan.

"Thank you but I'm not interested in-" "Oh that's not a choice love. You still do owe me," said Ivan with a smirk.
"Hazel I truly am-" "It's okay Chloe," I said.
I stepped to the side. "Please, do come in," I said. Ivan stepped inside.
"Would you like anything to drink?" asked Chloe.

"Da, a glass of vodka,"