PART 27 °Little white lie°

OLIVIA'S POV

It has been about an hour since I've woken up.I was surprised to find Ryder sitting besides me waiting for me to wake up.When I looked at him after I've  woken up he looked worried.

He kept asking me if I was okay or if I was in any pain.A women also arrived here who was the pack doctor.She looked into my leg and told me that it was nothing serious.

I knew what she said was directed to Ryder as he looked restless.She said I must rest and not over work myself by walking because it might take a week to heal completely.

Which is quick since I am a wolf and we heal faster.She also gave me something to rub on my foot to ease the pain and help with the healing.

I don't know if I've done something but Ryder has been a little distant.I mean I know him for being like that so I don't know why I'm surprised but I thought he might stick around me more often since I'm hurt.

He didn't go to work today which I am thankful for.He has been coming to my room to check if I was okay and if I need anything.

I missed his smile and how happy he was making me.It was not much but it made me happy to see that he is trying.I won't let him distance himself from me.

Which is why I made a little plan so that I can spend time with him.I think me hurting my ankle might be a blessing in disguise.

Although it is a bad thing that I'm hurt but my main concern was Ryder.

I sighed as I feel really thirsty right now.Now what am I going to do.I mean I can just call Ryder but what if he is tired of coming to check up on me.Maybe he thinks that I am being a burden to him.

Stop!stop!stop! What is making me think like that.I shook my head to shook these thoughts away.Now I need to think of how I will get water.

I held onto my leg that is hurt and slowly put it on the floor.I lifted the other one too so now I am just sitting waiting to stand up.

This is going to fail but I am a wolf so maybe I'm already healed and the only thing left is the pain.

Well there is only one way to find out.

I held onto the night stand with one hand and lifted myself to stand and I couldn't even half way stand before falling down.

"Ahhh!"I whispered yelled so that Ryder won't hear me.But I guess he did hear me because he is standing at the door staring at me accusingly.

"Olivia what are you doing?"He came to me and lifted me up , putting me on the bed.He sounded really angry if I must add.

"I asked you a question,what were you doing?"He looked like he wad trying so hard to not shout at me and I don't know what for.Maybe because I fell down.

"I-i was trying to stand to get some w-water"shit!Why did I have to stutter in front of him like this.Why am I suddenly nervous.

"You Know you could have called me to get it for you"Well I didn't want to be a burden.

"Ohh yeah...I thought you might be busy"I muttered under my breath.

"I would never be too busy for you"I quickly stared at him looking surprised by what he said and when I stared at him he also looked surprised with what he said.

What he said had an effect on me.I seemed calm on the outside but on the inside I was not.

There was tension in this room and he  knew it too"I'll go get you some water"He then left without looking back.

I breathed in and out to try to calm myself down but my heart was pounding in my chest.

Minutes later of trying to calm myself,Ryder came in with a glass and a jug full of water.He poured some in the glass and placed the jug on my nightstand.

He gave the water to me and our finger brushed making my heart pound more faster now.I locked eyes with him to see if he also felt the same way with the sudden contact and he does.

I drank my water slowly and shyly feeling his gaze on my head.I am surprised that I'm not shaking with how nervous I am.

I finished drinking my water and gave him the glass.The silence was unbearable with the tension included.

"I should leave now.Shout if you need something"And with that said he turned around to leave.

I need to stop him from leaving but I don't know how to"Ahh!"I didn't scream but with how he quickly turned I know he heard me.

I pretended to be focused on my leg with my face showing how much pain I was in.

"Olivia are you okay?"He suddenly came to me and kneeled on the floor inspecting my leg.He looked really worried.

"Do you need me to call the doctor again?"He asked again looking at me with his beautiful eyes.

I shook my head not being able to talk right now.He opened one of the drawers on the nightstand and took out the ointment that the doctor gave to me.

He opened it and gently applied it on my leg.His touch on my leg feels amazing.The way he is being gentle made me look at him with so much adoration.

"I am not hurting you,am I?"His voice was so sweet and calm.I just got lost in my own thoughts that I didn't realise that he was now done and he is already standing up.

Now what.

"Do you feel any pain now?"I just nodded even though I was not in any pain.

All this was a pretence so that he could spend time with me even though it was not long but I didn't mind.

I know that lying is bad but I just couldn't help it.What could go wrong with a little white lie to get what you want.

Absolutely nothing.

After all, desperate times do call for desperate measures.
....................

Words 1062

Cindyyy