48| Party pt3

As us girls arrived at the party, we heard the music a few floors down. FRIDAY wished us a fun time as she opened the elevator doors and we all walked in. I made a bee-line to Sam who was talking with Steve and Bucky. Clint was walking behind them, looking around for something.

"Hi, guys." I smiled and linked my arm with my fiancé's. "What's the topic?"

"Lori!" The three of them called out in sync.

"We were waiting for you, actually." Steve told me. "Same told us about your new project."

"Something about time..?" Bucky hinted.

I chuckled. "Ah, yes. I have been asked by the Smithsonian to make a bunch of pictures that show time in a new way. It basically means I can photograph anything if I make up a story about how it relates to history."

"Yeah, so I was telling the guys you can shoot them. They're old, they represent time." Sam joked, but his idea wasn't that crazy.

"I will think about that." I winked.

Steve laughed and brought me in for a hug. "Congratulations on the engagement, Lori. And Sam." He added quickly after.

Bucky hugged me next, and I went a round around the room. Hugging everyone and showing off the ring.

"He really knows which rock to pick." Tony commented as he held my hand to his face. "That's as tiny as they go."

I rolled my eyes with a chuckle. "It's not about the rock, Stark. It's about the idea of wanting the spend the rest of your live with someone. I don't need him to pay a lot of money to show how much he cared. Sam being himself is enough."

"That is so beautiful." Scott said with a huge smile. "You two are such a great couple."

Sam placed his hand on the man's shoulder. "Thank you, Tic-tac."

"Yes, Lady Lori and Sam, I'd like to congratulate you properly." Thor's voice boomed above everyone else. "You've met through Barton, fell in love at a wedding, and are now having your own. It's truly remarkable how this played out, but I am glad it did. As are we all."

I smiled at the god and inclined my head. "Thank you, Thor. I need to remember that you're great at speeches."

"Maybe he can give Cap a run for his money." Sam laughed which earned him a por in his side. "Thank you, all. I wouldn't have shared this with anyone else."