CHAPTER 6

Anika's pov

"Ani let's go ",Naina said as I came out of my thoughts .

I couldn't believe what I just heard. Was it really Kabir Malhotra ? The one who is my boss ?

Reaching the living room with Ishika,Naina and Karna behind me I looked at the people sitting .

There was my ex-boss with his wife beside him on one sofa then on the other sofa were Kabir ,Yash and other guy who I had seen in Ishika's and Karan'a wedding too .

I wondered who it was then realised it must be the 3rd brother .

"Hello sir ,mam",I said .

"Drop the formalities Anika ",Mr. Rajiv said .

"Umm yeah",I said nervously .

"We should let the kids talk",Mrs .Gayatri said while the other 3 elders agreed .

Huh ? Am I missing something ? Isn't our marriage already fixed I know that I was supposed to meet him last sunday but then why Mrs. Gayatri told us to talk like what happens when the guy comes to see the girl and they are sent to garden or in some room to talk ?

Ignoring the thoughts I gestured Kabir to follow me .

We were in the garden . I didn't knew what to say to him knowing he is my boss .

"It seems like you didn't knew it was me who was coming ",He said starting a conversation .

"Yes I didn't knew was so caught up in making designs as the deadline was just one week so I forgot to ask",I said half lying and Half saying truth .

Well yeah I was caught up with work but couldn't keep my thoughts to know who the guys was to whom my marriage was already fixed . And I didn't wanted to ask my mother or father about it .

"Drop the formalities just like papa said",he said and I just nodded not sure he saw me .

"Why did you agreed to meet me? You don't look like the type of a person who want to have an arrange marriage",I asked trying to keep up with the conversation .

"Well you are right I'm not the type but then I had a change in my mind",He said as he looked at me .
I didn't knew what to say so just nodded .

It was weird having a conversation with your boss which was not about business .

"But still you knew it was me and I'm just your employee",I said .

"I don't care about that you being my employee ",was all he said .

"Then will you let me work after we get married ?",I asked .

Why did I asked him that question when I was supposed to run away tonight and my bags were already packed .

Well about leaving the city I finally came to the decision that I will leave the city .

He stood there not saying anything for some time but then spoke .

"No I won't even if you are working at my company I would still allow you to work and moreover who am I to stop my wife from doing her work? It's your life you get to decide it not me",He said .

There was a silence .

Before I could say anything Aditi came .

"All are expecting you both inside",she said and I nodded .

we didn't even talked for 15 minutes we just asked like what two or three questions .

"Give me your number so that we could meet up again I want to know more about you so we will meet up again ",he said and I nodded as I gave him my number .