Side Chapter ① [A Randnels Retribution]

Randnels.

Many of you know them as those tiny lizards that always move in a trio. Some know them as cunning creatures that can survive depending on their situation. Few know that the stronger one Randnel is, the more powerful it's group will be. None know the supposedly simple answer to the supposedly simple question; Do Randnels evolve? Anyone you meet would say "no", either because they truly believe it or they are pressured into saying it.

A Randnel is a creature with an extremely high survivability even though they are so weak, so shouldn't they evolved? It's only natural that a weak species would evolve into a stronger one, right? It's quite different with Randnels. They don't have a unique ability like the Elroe Basilisk or the power of a Wyrm. They dont have thread like the Teratects or strength in numbers and fear like the Anogratch. They just live in a trio, gradually getting stronger with each fight until they die. Why not until they evolve? Let me tell you a story:

"Once, a wizard entered the Labyrinth searching for unique ingredients. He had stumbled upon a group of Randnel, just three of course. Taking out his LV7 Appraisal Stone he looked at the leader, who was buffer than the rest. The first thing he saw shocked him; LV27.  How could a Randnel get so much experience? Could he win if he fought them? He scrolled down to see the monstrosities stats, but they were not there. Instead, they were replaced with a status that did not look dissimilar from what a regular Randnels status looked like, just a bit more power. He then killed them all without trouble."

Randnels don't have the level cap needed to evolve naturally, so they don't evolve. It is unknown how or why this happens. Still, many people do wonder what would happen if a Randnel actually had a level cap. What if a Randnel evolved? Well, your about to find out!

*Side Chapter ① [A Randnels Retribution],
Beginning*

A singular Randnel was running for its life. A near death experience had shocked it to the core. Or, was it that it experienced death for the first time? Not like the killing it was used to, it saw "something" killing the only other creatures it could call family, but it couldn't do anything.

*Flashback*

A Randnel trio was hunting for its food. The occasional fruit was eaten, but nothing was as nutritious and fulfilling to eat as meat. These Randnels stalk in the shadows, their stealth ability being among the best in Sariella. Being low leveled, they are weaker than most other monsters, except for one... Small Debeas. They have no strategy whatsoever when it comes to fighting, so when surrounded, they don't know what to do. Before they can even attack, one of the Randnels would slash at it, leaving a bloody mark deep enough for it to bleed out, severely weakening it. Even though the Small Debeas defence is strong, it can be counteracted by the Randnels attack. Once weakened, they are easy to take out. That's how these Randnels, and probably many others, hunted.

One day, they had decided to hunt for a Small Debea, mostly because of how fat they are. They did a roam around their nest to see if anything new had happened and were pleasantly shocked to see a newly made ravine. Normally, this would scare the Randnels since they knew only a Canisurrie, a large wolf like monster that controlled both earth and wind, could create something like this. The thing is, there was no signs of it being near the ravine for what seemed like days. What really got them excited though was the creature trapped in the ravine, not moving an inch. It was a Small Debea, but it's colouring seemed off. This didn't matter to the Randnels as a slight mutation in a creatures color was just that, a mutation. It could mean that it was deformed or deathly ill, seeing as its color was a mossy green. So, the set their positions and the hunt was on...

Or so it would seem... As soon as the leader screeched, they began to stride to the apparently immobile creature. Then everything went black. Not in the same way as magic or a skill, but something completely natural. On one side of this singular Randnel was a gruesome seen of another Randnel who had been both suffocated and crushed while to the other side it saw that... that THING jump onto the other Randnel, who was crying for help. He was crushed and smothered, not even worth others attention...

《Skill proficiency reached. Acquired skill 『Anger LV1』》

The one surviving Randnel... it was MAD! It just sat there and watched its family be slaughtered... IT. DID. NOTHING!! Why didn't it help them..? And at that moment, it began to run... it climbed straight out of the crevice with speed unknown to it until now.

《Skill proficiency reached. Acquired skill 『Running LV1』》

It kept running even though it knew it couldn't be followed... but it still ran. The it needed to get as far away from that ravine as possible...

《Skill proficiency reached. Acquired skill 『Running LV2』》

Even after its yellow SP was used, it kept running. It only stopped once all of its red SP was gone too... hah... its immobile now too, just like that THING...

Eating some grass and fruit near it to recover, it looked around its surroundings. Seeing what could only be though of as a large line of gravel, he heads towards it, interested and depressed. When it hears something unusual, it immediately jumps into the bush near the gravel path. This is where, for the first time in its life, it had seen them. A human. Tall, fat and no others surrounding them.

The fat man, who was in a cart at that time, gets out and walks into the woods. He passed by the bush the Randnel had been hiding in and squared down behind a tree. As soon as the Randnel had seen this, it sprung into action, slicing a clean cut across the fat man's throat, with blood splattering everywhere. As the man held his throat in despair, the Randnel strides up to him and raised a claw. If there was anything going through the Randnels mind at that moment, it would probably think " I need to be as merciless as that THING if I want to defeat it." and then the claw was brought down.

《Experience points has reached a certain point. Individual, Sariella Randnel LV2 has became LV3》

《Experience points has reached a certain point. Individual, Sariella Randnel LV3 has became LV4》

《Every basic ability rose》

《『Skill Proficiency Level Up Bonus』acquired 》

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Stealth LV4』 has become 『Stealth LV5』》

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Cutting Enhancement LV2』 has become 『Cutting Enhancement LV3』》

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Night Vision LV6』 has become 『Night Vision LV7』》

《Skill point gained》

《Conditions met. Title『Assassin』was acquired》

《By the effects of the title『Assassin』, skill 『Stealth LV1』『Shadow Magic LV1』 was acquired》

《『Stealth LV1』 has unified into 『Stealth LV5』》

《Conditions met. Title『Merciless』was acquired》

《By the effects of the title 『Merciless』, skill 『Heretic Magic LV1』『Heretic Resistance LV1』 was acquired》

I... will kill that THING... even if... it kills me too...

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Anger LV1』 has become 『Anger LV2』》

*Notes*

[This is the first of many side chapters that will be a sort of interlude between chapters.]

[Even though the Randnel has the Anger skill, it's never been used. It knows what would happen if it were to lose control, and right now it needs]

[The Randnel isn't evolved at this part of the story, so if wanted, I could write a part two of A Randnels Retribution.]

[Side Chapter ① End]