9: Fieldtrip Gone Wrong Pt. 1

The bus to the U.S.J facility was...interesting to say the least. 

"They're being rude to him!" Chiharu whisper shouted to Izuku. The green haired boy nodded, his jaw slack and his eyes wide. 

"I can't believe Kacchan is getting bullied! Its like a whole different universe at U.A!" Izuku replied. They continued to watch as their classmates told Bakugou he had to fix his attitude to become a better hero. 

"Oh! You never told me why you decided to come to U.A last minute. You never expressed interest in being a hero before." Izuku asked. 

'Because I wasn't interested in becoming a hero before!' Was what the truth was, but Chiharu wasn't going to say that. It made it sound really bad and made him seem incredibly selfish. He had googled his situation a lot, even posted on an anonymous forum. The general consensus was, don't change your entire life for one boy. That it wasn't worth it for one person who might not even like you back. 

But...looking at Izuku's expression the day Chiharu told him he had applied told him he had done the right thing. 

"I uh, I was too embarrassed to admit I wanted to be a hero before. So many people told me my quirk was inconvenient and pretty useless. I thought if I told them I wanted to be a hero I'd only get more criticism." He said, lying through his teeth. Izuku nodded, taking the reply at face value. 

Chiharu's chest ached. Why the hell had he lied? He was a horrible, horrible person. This is why he was a-what had his co-worker called it? A sad gay? Yeah that's what it was. 

-------- -------- ------- ------- -------- -------- -------- ------- 

"Who's that?" Chiharu asked, pointing to the space suit looking hero in front of them. 

"Ah, that's thirteen." Izuku said, "The black hole hero.". Chiharu nodded as the group watched the heroes assemble everything. 

"Now, we'll be starting off in the flood zone-" Thirteen said but they were interrupted by the sudden black smoke. An evil laugh rang out through the crowd. Chiharu grabbed Izuku's hand before he was unable to see his friend past the smoke. Hell, he couldn't even see his own hands! 

Suddenly the fog cleared and villains were surrounding them. Chiharu's heart pounded in his ears. Real villains. Super real villains. And lots of them. Facing his classmates was one thing, but Chiharu had no idea if he could face real criminals. 

"Evacuate!" Mr. Aizawa commanded. The class jumped to action and ran for the doors. 

"I thought you said All Might would be here." One of the villains said. 'All Might?' Chiharu thought franticly 'They're trying to take All Might down? We don't stand a chance!'. 

Before the class could reach the door the smoke was back. 

-------- -------- ------- ------- ------- -------- ------- 

The water was freezing cold. That was Chiharu's first thought. The second was that he was still holding Izuku's hand and the third was that Izuku was underwater. 

Frantically Chiharu pulled his friend up, watching him gasp for breath as he breached the surface. "It teleported us to the flood zone." Izuku said, his voice hoarse and raspy. Chiharu nodded and looked around. It appeared that Mineta and Tsuyu were with them to. 

Mineta reached for Tsuyu's chest as he tried to stay afloat and Tsuyu promptly tried to drown him. Chiharu couldn't blame the girl, Mineta was a creep. 

The water suddenly turned rocky, going from small waves to big ones. "Look down!" Tsuyu shouted. Haru followed the instructions and almost instantly regretted it. He had never seen the movie Jaws but he assumed this was how it felt. 

The villain underneath them was rapidly reaching the surface, its mouth wide open, ready to swallow them. "Watch out!" Izuku shouted as it breached the surface. 

Chiharu found himself standing right on the edge of the being's sharp jaws. Izuku was slipping right off the underside of its jaw and back into the water. Chiharu reached for him desperately but Tsuyu grabbed him first, throwing Haru right onto the deck of a nearby ship. 

He watched with wide eyes as Tsuyu subdued the massive creature and threw Izuku onto the boat as well. Mineta was thrown in a similar fashion and Tsuyu followed him by climbing up the side of the boat. 

Chiharu was so ridiculously impressed that he figured that if, in another universe, he liked girls, that Tsuyu would have just won his love. A night in shining armor, truly.  

"What do we do now?" Mineta said, gasping for breath, "The villains have thrown us all over the place. The exit is crazy far away and we're surrounded!". 

"We have some advantages." Tsuyu observed, "They don't know what our quirks are. If they did they wouldn't have sent me to the flood zone. Water is my specialty.". Chiharu nodded, realizing she was right. 

"The only way out is to fight our way through." Izuku said simply, "Well, fight and win.". The group fell silent but agreed pretty soon after that. Fuck this was really happening. 

Chiharu suddenly regretted following his crush to hero school. 

-------- -------- ------- ------- ------- -------- -------

 By the time they reached the central plaza they were out of breath, their costumes were torn and soaked through and they were bruised to shit. Haru really had to stop cursing so much, even if it was just inside his head. 

"The teacher's are fighting over there." Izuku observed. The rest of them peaked around the bushed they were hidden in to see it for themselves. Mr. Aizawa was defeating villains as quickly as they came at him but they were all worried about how much longer he could keep up that pace. 

"We should help them out." Tsuyu said, "Help relieve the burden of that many villains.". The group agreed and were about to step in when they heard a pained noise. 

A villain, or a monster was pinning Mr. Aizawa too the ground, breaking his bones like they were toothpicks. Chiharu gasped sharply. That thing was strong. Too strong. He looked to his group. They were breakable. 

Too breakable. 

One of the villains, the one with all the hands that appeared to be in charge, was shouting something at the smoke villain. He seemed angry. 

Suddenly, he locked eyes with Izuku and smirked. He was close. Close enough that they didn't have time to react before he was standing over them, reaching for Tsuyu's face. 

They felt frozen, terrified and unable to move. Chiharu felt himself shaking. But when the villain touched Tsuyu's face nothing happened. They all looked over to see Mr. Aizawa glaring daggers at the villain, his quirk activated. Haru breathed a sigh of relief right as Izuku lunged for the villain. 

He was intercepted by the monster, who had apparently abandoned their teacher's body across the plaza. The monster landed a pretty solid hit on Izuku, knocking him backwards into the plaza. Haru made a distressed noise but held himself back from calling out Izuku's name. They couldn't know their names. 

The villain right in front of them laughed and teacher for Mineta instead, who was still frozen. 

Like a wound up rubber band Chiharu lunged at the villain, tackling him to the ground. Instantly the villain reached for Chiharu's face, ready to disintegrate him. Chiharu didn't so much as flinch as he kept the villain's torso and legs pinned to the ground. 

After all, Chiharu wasn't breakable. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shigaraki's finally met his match huh 😅

I'm once again sorry for the delayed update, but it always takes longer when there are 2 parts to a chapter. I have to plan out what part goes in which chapter and make sure it fits perfectly with the cannon. Well not perfectly but still! 

Stay tuned for the rest of the battle!