126

“So where is it?”

Song Qinghan couldn’t help asking, even if he knew that Qin Sanmu was probably playing with him.

Suddenly, Qin Sanmu opened his palm and stretched forth in front of Song Qinghan, with a smile of evilness around his face, and then he spoke in temptation as if he was seducing Song Qinghan by something valuable, “Take it and eat it, and then I will tell you where it is! After all, it’s the secret I know so far.”

Song Qinghan stared at Qin Sanmu’s palm, approached to pick the pack of powder up in his hand, and then put the pack between his nose. Frowning, he asked in a low voice, “Is it the opium poppy?”

Seeing Qin Sanmu’s seemingly burning eyes, Song Qinghan shook the pack in his hand and said leisurely, “Why should I trust you? What if you are lying to me, won’t I be the stupidest person in the world?”

Qin Sanmu burst into a laughter and then put his hands in his back, saying, “Believe it or not! I can’t prove it anyway, it only depends on you now, Doctor Song. But as long as you believe that, you have to pay the price and accept the result you might think of. Even if you go to law against me to the master, I am not afraid at all. Yet, the only consequence of that is that you might lose the chance the snowlotus grow at its blooming moment. Weigh it yourself.”

“Blooming moment?” asked Song Qinghan, and then he lowered his eyes and pondered, and then he continued to ask, “Then how do you know that the snowlotus is growing right now? Have you seen it before? Why did you confess to me then? Don’t you want to pick it yourself?”

Beyond Song Qinghan’s expectation, there was a trace of arrogance emerging suddenly. And then the arrogant man replied leisurely, “Well, I can get it whenever I want. But what I am going to do is much interesting than that.”

Although the man’s tone was rather plain, Song Qinghan could still discern some senses of danger.

What was he going to do? Was it about the opium poppy?

Seeing that Song Qinghan didn’t say anything, Qin Sanmu sighed and said slowly, “It seems that you’re still hesitant, then it’s time to say goodbye, Doctor Song, I hope you will have a smooth and fun trip to get the snowlotus yourself.”

“Wait a minute!”

Song Qinghan suddenly shouted just at the moment Qin Sanmu turned around and was about to leave.

It could be seen from the expression of Qin Sanmu that this man was quite complacent as he turned around back facing Song Qinghan, and then he pretended to be quite surprised and asked, “What’s wrong, Doctor Song? Did you change your mind?”

“Yes,” answered Song Qinghan, while the powder pack in his hand seemed to be as heavy as an elephant. And then without a further hesitation, he raised his head and poured all the powder into his mouth, and then tore the pack paper into pieces and spread them into the air. Staring at Qin Sanmu in the eyes, he said, “Are you satisfied now?”

Qin Sanmu stretched out his hands and clapped. And then he praised, “I would say that Doctor Song is really braver than any other men, and I respect that. Since you are so straightforward, I won’t let you down. The snowlotus grows at the Northwest side of the snow forest around one mile in distance. It will probably bloom within two days, so, go and get it now as soon as possible.”

“Oh,” he sounded again after turning around, and then he added, “It’s all fine for you to take the master with you, but for the further reason, I won’t explain, just find out yourself.”

Song Qinghan stood still and watched Qin Sanmu leaving. From the corner of his eye, he saw a few black shadows make a move to retract the crossbows. Finally, he released his tense nerve.