Chapter 33: Too perfect

"This night seems too perfect to be true."

Leo has been absent now for around 5 minutes. Cameron looks around the room at the people waiting, who were there offering support. It was strange how he felt so comfortable, sitting there, just as human as the rest of them. It didn't matter that he was created in a non conventional way, that his physical form was non organic. It was his feelings, his soul which made him human...as human as anyone else in that room.

"Is he in there now?" Cameron looks at the voice approaching him. He sees Enzo, followed by Jojo, with Harley and Yan a little further behind, with another slightly smaller guy trailing at the back.

"Yes." Cameron replies, looking at the growing support bubble in which Leo had around him.

Harley now takes the opportunity to step forward, sitting next to Cameron. He looks at him up and down, partially in wonder and admiration. "Woah! You are...so real!" He says, his curiosity unable to be restrained as he starts to poke at Cameron's cheek.

Cameron grabs at the wrist with his strong hold, stopping the intrusion. "Yes...and I can feel that."

He lets go of the wrist and Harley drops his hand back down. "Sorry." He mumbles, looking down. "I...I'm Harley by the way." he now decides to be more conventional and holds out a hand.

"Cameron, or PT I guess." Cameron smiles.

"PT...Personal Tutor?" Harley says, in question.

"Yes, but now much prefer Cameron." he replies smiling.

Cameron now looks over at the other two strangers towards the back. "You must be Yan and...."

"This is Ralph." Yan says smiling. "isn't he just adorable."
This causes Ralph to flush a deep red once again, his eyes disappearing within an infectious smile.

"Nice to meet you." Ralph manages to muster, before lacing his fingers with Yan's.

"You too." Cameron nods before being distracted by the double doors being swung open. A sudden array of people exit, with varying emotions, plastered across their faces. Everyone looks to see that one face amongst the crowds.

"Do you see him?" Enzo questions, trying to see around the overly emotional people, either crying with tears of joy, or tears of sadness. Then Leo comes into view, his face unreadable, hard to decipher.

"Can you tell by his face?" Harley utters to Cameron, brows furrowed, trying to make out the expression Leo was displaying.

"No, not yet." Cameron replies, watching every action, trying to pick up a clue.

Leo now approaches the group, a little taken aback by the small gathering. "Why are you all here?" He asks.

"Where else would we be?" Harley responds as if the question was a ridiculous one.

"But Hope..."

"Hope is supporting her friend and I am supporting mine." Harley replies.

"Are you gonna put us out of our misery?" Yan shouts from the back.

Leo steps a little closer and closes his eyes and exhales. He then slowly opens them and a big smile spreads across his face. "I got through!"

An eruption of cheers and jumping follow, with Leo being pulled into a massive group hug. As the group pulls apart, Leo takes Cameron by the hand and pulls him to one side. He looks at the others. "Do you mind if I speak to Cameron outside?"

The rest of the group seem to go into their own little bubbles as they watch Leo lead Cameron through a side door. "This night seems too perfect to be true." Yan says.

"Don't jinx it!" Harley hits him on the arm, which earns him a scowl from Ralph.

The winter air is fresh as they head outside. Leo hugs the arms of his sleeves, wishing he hadn't discarded that blazer, or better still, wishes he still had his fleece lined jacket. He knew for sure now, he would never see that again. Cameron stood impartial to the weather conditions. "Don't you feel the cold?"

Cameron lets a chuckle leave his lips. "I still have a synthetic body, sensitive to touch only, it's just my soul which is real."

"Don't tell me, there's an upgrade for that." Leo rolls his eyes.

"Maybe?" Cameron replies, "I'm sure they're working on it."

Leo now lowers his arms and takes a hold of Cameron's hands. He leans in and places a kiss, soft and gentle on Cameron's cheek. "Thank you." He mumbles against Cameron's ear, before pulling away.

"Why are you thanking me?" Cameron questions, returning the compliment with a warm gaze.

"You've helped me be who I want to be and not to be afraid of that. You really are the best birthday present ever." He laughs.

"Well you can't take me back now, I'm damaged goods." Cameron says laughing. "So, what's next for us?"

Leo takes in a breath of fresh air, looking up at the night sky. "Oh I don't know, but right now, I feel I could do anything." His gaze then returns to Cameron. "I love you." He confesses, biting a little on his lower lip.

Cameron smiles his gorgeous dimpled smile. "I lo..lo.lllllĺlllll....."

"...Cameron? What's the matter?" Suddenly his eyes begin to circle like crazy, sparks shooting from his ears, his legs becoming weak as he falls to the group on his side. There is something long, glittery and silver protruding from Cameron's lower back and where Cameron once stood... was Anna.