Chapter 49

A/N: Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

Chapter 49

***
I was escorted to the prison by Azula. It was a little surprising that the Fire Nation kept their spies' catalogs. That was dangerous, and it showed that they did not doubt that there were no spies within their ranks because if there were then it would destroy the whole Spy Network because all they would need is their spies' names and appearances. That was a very big weakness to have. 

Azula was smart, but a little naive and inexperienced to reveal something like this. 

[Due to tricking an intelligently talented enemy, your intelligence increased by 1]

Tricking? I didn't trick her of anything; she simply made her assumptions about me. I will use that against her. Maybe getting within Fire Nation's ranks wouldn't be so bad. It just needed a bit of Luck to not be discovered, Luck… the only thing that I had plenty of.

Wait, what if Azula was lying about the whole document with the spy's names? Because that would be a stupid thing to have. Though I wouldn't put it past Ozai to have something like that, since he was quite deranged. In comparison to his predecessors and their strategic mindset, he hadn't achieved much during the years as Fire Lord.

Now I just had to cook up a story for Azula, one without any holes in it. Hopefully, this works.

***
-Azula POV-

Kuzon was an unfamiliar name that I had gotten to know recently and it was an old-timey name. More appropriate to being used a hundred years ago than in these times. 

There were many suspicious things about "Kuzon" if that was even his real name. But there was nothing that directly pointed to him being suspicious. Such a strange man, it was as if he had appeared out of nowhere. But such a thing was ludicrous and it was only because I hadn't done enough of a background check on him. Eventually, the news will come of who he was, but for now, I should do my investigation and go ask him questions. 

"Show me to the new prisoner's cell," I ordered one of the guards nearby and they saluted me. Showing that they were obedient. They are sheep, each and one of them was like lamb, even the highest commanders wouldn't dare fight against me.

*
Arriving at the young spy's cell, it was dark, unlighted, and made of metal. There was only a small opening in the door, but even then there was not enough space to put a finger through. 

Looking through the crack of the door, I was able to see Kuzon's body in the darkness, sitting on the ground. It was a little creepy how his dark eyes seemed to fuse with the darkness around him. Such unnatural looks. 

"Are you ready to talk?" That was the first question I asked him.

He on the other hand chuckled. "Talking from outside the door? Are you scared of me, an unarmed man, in a dark cell with guards all around if anything were to happen?"

This bastard. I will burn him alive. Looking at the guards, I narrowed my eyes. "Open the door."

As the door opened, I walked in and blue flames gathered in my hand, lighting the room around us. The man looked at my fire and smiled. "Yor fire is beautiful."

"Flattery will get you nowhere," though saying that was a little late. Because everyone had told me that my fire was strong, dangerous, and intimidating. No one ever called it beautiful.

"Has no one ever told you?" he inquired as if reading my mind. "You should get out more. Fire isn't all about destruction."

There is something strange about him. Should I just burn him to death? That would save me a lot of time and needless talks. He seemed intelligent enough to understand just how dangerous the situation was. So why is he playing around?

"Do you want to die?" I asked him, as the fire in my hand grew and became stronger. "You shouldn't test my chances like this."

Kuzon on the other hand didn't stop smiling and just leaned back on the wall as he was sitting down. "Sorry, sorry, it's just that making yourself seem more human and pitiful would usually work against other people."

What an emotionless bastard. He wasn't even afraid of death, knowing that he could die at any moment. There was no chance of him being able to do anything to me without a weapon on him and in such an enclosed room made of metal.

Still. I could see that he was very skilled, and even knew how to manipulate emotions. This was what most would call a born schemer. He would be useful. Sadly, I didn't trust him at all and he too was untrustworthy. 

Now it was better to change the conversation, as fear tactics didn't work on him. "What was it that you wanted to tell me, this place is very private."

*sigh* "Princess," he said in a tired voice, looking at me as if I was stupid. "You need to learn more about the world. Who would give you information after threatening them? You need to be their friend first. Torture would only make them say whatever you want, that would make them get out of the torture."

Damn… he was right. This guy was undoubtedly a skilled spy. That made sense. Now I wanted him even more under me since his use went beyond what I expected. Someone like him wasn't something we could just train.

"Well, how about we get to know each other," I smiled and sat down in front of him, keeping the fire bright in my hand so he could see me and I could see him. 

"Now that's more like it, start talking about yourself, and try to get me more comfortable. Remember to use half-truths as that puts the target more at ease."

Okay, this guy just became ever more dangerous, we NEED him on our side. Or else, I will have to try and kill him.

***
-Sokka POV-

What a stupid girl. Trying to act smart, which she was, but that naive side that comes from a young age is still there. What I needed from her wasn't to convince her of anything, though the half-assed words that I heard on some youtube video of a retired FBI agent. At least I think that's where I heard it because the internet was a sea of information where I learned useless things. Though here, they were like a wealth of knowledge. The best public speakers, their speeches, all stood behind me. 

No matter how smart Azula was, she stood no chance. She will be interested in me, never expecting that was what I wanted and Katara was the main force of the rescue, with Kiwi and one of my water clones keeping an eye on her.

"Yes, that's it, now tell me some half-truths about your childhood, the closer to the truth, the better." I smiled at her reassuringly, now it was time to try and get on Azula's good side. 

[For being able to trick an intelligent person, Intelligence increased by 1]

She was an intelligence stat grind. The best king too, since she would keep me on my toes and learn fast. Normally a normal person might feel pressured that she would surpass them, but sadly for her, the higher her intelligence the better it was for me as I would always be a step ahead due to my Gamer Interface.

***************
 A/N: If you wanna join my Discord server to ask any questions or see character pics. Here it is the link:
https://discord.gg/bqadGRAUHA